Kinda exciting mailday for me...

seahawks4ever

Bench Warmer
I know most people are going to think I'm crazy but...

image41-1.jpg

2006 Gridiron Gear Platinum O's RC #d 7/25 of Ben Obomanu.

Why would I make a thread just for this card? This makes my 94th different Ben Obomanu non 1/1. There are only 97 total non 1/1's. This was one of four cards that I have been looking for since 2006. I know it's not a high dollar card or anything but it's the first non 1/1 of Obomanu I've picked up in over a year.

The collection as it stands can be found here:
http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa479/Theseahawkscollection/Ben Obomanu/?start=all

The 1/1's I have are in a sub-album.

Out of the three final cards, two you would like would be easy but believe it or not, they aren't!

2006 Donruss Elite Status Red #d/2. I do know where one is...I just gotta figure out how to get it.

2006 Donruss Gridiron Gear Gold O's #d/100. Never seen one...

2006 Topps Total Black #d/50. Seriously...I don't know why it's been so hard to find it...

Anyway, I figured I would at least show this one off. I should have a few more Obomanu 1/1's incoming soon! Thank you for looking and comments appreciated!

Nice find! Those Total Blacks are impossible to find. Personally, I think it's because nobody busted total, and those who did were either set builders or kids who couldn't afford expensive products and who don't sell on eBay. The Total autographs never seem to come around either.

I really liked what Obo did hopefully he sticks around and doesnt flame out like Hackett.

I have been looking for a total black since 2006 and never seen one as well.

Who's got the red /2 ?

do you remember cougarwash? He used to post here a ton but a couple of years ago he just disappeared. I've talked a few time with him since then and even had made a deal for the Obomanu /2, along with a whole lot more. I had the money ready and was just waiting for him to find all the cards.

I got a text message that said, 'man your raping me on the 1/1's lol'

I responded with an lol back...that was the last I heard from him. That was March of 2010. Although I want the card, and a bunch of other cards too, I'm worried about him...

Somebody else (I think) on SCF has the Bowman Sterling 1/1. Told me once that he wants a nice Seahawks 1/1 for it. Again, don't think it was cougarwash.

Yeah, I remember him. Hopefully something gets done. Have you texted or tried to call since then ?

Everyone seems like they go through a collecting rut. If I could take a few months off of collecting, coming back refreshed and rejuvinated, I would.

Back