Hot Packs

vikes4life

Bench Warmer
What do you guys think of those "Hot Packs" on Ebay? Bought one and realize the bottom part was re-sealed, knew what I was getting was going to be worthless and they were.

not all are resealed i dont think, there is someway to tell by the serial number on the package if there a hot pack i think.

Wrong! These Are Scammers!!!!! Stay Away Stay Away There Is No Serial Number On Individual Packs!!!! They Prey On The Unknowing!!! They Buy The Low End Junk Off Ebay, Reseal The Pack, Then Double Their Money With These Auctions!

I would say they are all scams, unless someone goes to a retail store and searches all of the packs by bending them or however they do it.

Still though there is no way to "Guarantee" that a sealed pack has a GU inside unless it is a pack like Leaf Limited or Ultimate or Exquisite....

There are such things as factory "errors" where 6 cards might slip into a pack instead of 5 or 3 cards might slip into a 5 card pack.

Either the pack feels thick or thin....and if it is thick you say to yourself "There must be a GU in here or something" or if it is thin you may say "I wonder if there is an Auto or something in here" (this could all be a factory error).

I highly doubt that people buy sealed boxes and go home and "search" the packs and then sell the pack that is supposed to have the hit.

I also highly doubt that people get a sealed box, open all of the packs with one or two left (on a box that states 2 GU per box *on average*) and then sell those "Guaranteed Game Used" on eBay.

I would guess that the vast majority (99.99999%) of the "Guaranteed Hot Packs" on eBay are resealed. This has been going on for the past 3-5 years on eBay and I am sure there have been people along the way who have tried very hard to perfect their "Skill" so perhaps they can open and reseal a pack and it won't even be noticed by someone who is so anxious to bust a pack.

Most people who are unaware of these "scams" probably are very excited to get a Guaranteed GU pack that they just bust it as soon as they receive it without closely inspecting it.

And you know, other than the fact that the packs are Resealed....they are what they say they are...."Guaranteed GU/Auto packs".

Even if you pull some crap, it still is what you paid to take the chance on. You were guaranteed a GU/Auto in the pack and you happened to pull one.....it just wasn't anything good.

I personally am against "Pack Searchers". I think it takes the "fairness" out of Retail packs. I used to be a little kid with limited money to spend on cards and every single time I had the chance to ask my parents for a pack of cards at the store I did. (this was before GU/Autos however).

Still, if I were taking one of my daughters to the store for a pack of cards and I noticed some punk sitting there searching EVERY SINGLE PACK it surely would tick me off because by him/her doing this now my kids do not have a chance to pull a GU/Auto.

And it all comes back to the "On Average" deal, companies do this to protect themselves from the off-chance that when you buy a sealed box of 24 packs (hopefully to ensure a GU/Auto that has 1:12 odds) and then they don't hit a GU/Auto you can't say "It says 1:12 packs so there should be 2 GU/Autos in the box" the company can say "Those are the stated odds and it says ON AVERAGE" (Average does NOT guarantee anything).

So that is the end of my .02 on the topic.

AVOID ALL "GUARANTEED PACK SELLERS ON EBAY" (unless you can afford to lose the money).

Thank you,
Mike

this thread is a good read, iv been interested in buying one just to see but to tell you the truth i kind of thought it was bogus even if you check the peoples feedback most of the feedback says crap auto or crap gu i would leave negitive feedback if i were you to save other people from falling from that stuff it really isnt right.

if you know how to search packs thenits easy to find autos at walmart, target, or wherever you can buy retail stuff. i have pulled a few gu'ed and autos out of stuff i have searched and new it was a "hot pack" there are certain things you feel for when searching packs autos and gu'ed. both have different methods but both ar easy to do.

i bought hot packs off of ebay and got some good stuff. i dont think its a joke. i think its a great deal if you want want to go buy boxes to get your one auto per box and spend tons more. this is way better.

i have bought hot packs of sp authentic, topps chrome, bowman sterling, finest, and other. i have found auto myself with searcing mthods in topps chrome, topps dpp and other retail products.

its pretty cool i think. i buy them and enjoy it. its exciting.

steve

Stang81 said:
I would say they are all scams, unless someone goes to a retail store and searches all of the packs by bending them or however they do it.

Still though there is no way to "Guarantee" that a sealed pack has a GU inside unless it is a pack like Leaf Limited or Ultimate or Exquisite....

There are such things as factory "errors" where 6 cards might slip into a pack instead of 5 or 3 cards might slip into a 5 card pack.

Either the pack feels thick or thin....and if it is thick you say to yourself "There must be a GU in here or something" or if it is thin you may say "I wonder if there is an Auto or something in here" (this could all be a factory error).

I highly doubt that people buy sealed boxes and go home and "search" the packs and then sell the pack that is supposed to have the hit.

I also highly doubt that people get a sealed box, open all of the packs with one or two left (on a box that states 2 GU per box *on average*) and then sell those "Guaranteed Game Used" on eBay.

I would guess that the vast majority (99.99999%) of the "Guaranteed Hot Packs" on eBay are resealed. This has been going on for the past 3-5 years on eBay and I am sure there have been people along the way who have tried very hard to perfect their "Skill" so perhaps they can open and reseal a pack and it won't even be noticed by someone who is so anxious to bust a pack.

Most people who are unaware of these "scams" probably are very excited to get a Guaranteed GU pack that they just bust it as soon as they receive it without closely inspecting it.

And you know, other than the fact that the packs are Resealed....they are what they say they are...."Guaranteed GU/Auto packs".

Even if you pull some crap, it still is what you paid to take the chance on. You were guaranteed a GU/Auto in the pack and you happened to pull one.....it just wasn't anything good.

I personally am against "Pack Searchers". I think it takes the "fairness" out of Retail packs. I used to be a little kid with limited money to spend on cards and every single time I had the chance to ask my parents for a pack of cards at the store I did. (this was before GU/Autos however).

Still, if I were taking one of my daughters to the store for a pack of cards and I noticed some punk sitting there searching EVERY SINGLE PACK it surely would tick me off because by him/her doing this now my kids do not have a chance to pull a GU/Auto.

And it all comes back to the "On Average" deal, companies do this to protect themselves from the off-chance that when you buy a sealed box of 24 packs (hopefully to ensure a GU/Auto that has 1:12 odds) and then they don't hit a GU/Auto you can't say "It says 1:12 packs so there should be 2 GU/Autos in the box" the company can say "Those are the stated odds and it says ON AVERAGE" (Average does NOT guarantee anything).

So that is the end of my .02 on the topic.

AVOID ALL "GUARANTEED PACK SELLERS ON EBAY" (unless you can afford to lose the money).

Thank you,
Mike

if you told me to quit searching i would tell you to get lost. im a paying customer and i want to buy what i want to buy. there is no law against it. i wouldnt care who you were either. there is fairness, get there before the other guy does. its open to everyone. if you dont know how to serach thn you dumb. dont complain. what fun is it to open something and know your gettin junk? i wouldnt even let my kid by a pack of cards. i would tell him why too. you dont ever get anything!!!. buy a box, that way you know your going to get somethin in it.

i have bought over 50 hot packs off of ebay and absolutely none of them were resealed. NONE OF THEM.

like i said. searching packs is simple. you need to know how to do it but its frickin easy. i love walkin out of target with 3-4 autos for $10. its sweet stuff.

well, im not sure if the hot packs off of ebay are all a scam...i bought about 250 dollars worth of hot packs off of ebay last year, most were no name autos...some were 1st rounders that never really did much. but the last set of hot packs i bought i pulled a SP Authentic Laurence Maroney rookie auto/jsy. so, even though it took me like 250 dollars, i made my money back on that Maroney, and i got alot of other autos, some of which i have traded.

i forget who said it, but whoever said it was right. i was so excited to get a pack that was "hot" that i didnt even think to look at the wrapper to see if it had been re-sealed. i would say some of them are "scammers" if you think getting a few autos in a pack that said there were autos in it a scam, but some of them have to be legit.

i tried "searching" through packs a few times at wal-mart, after i learned how to do it. i got a patch on one "search" but afterwards, i felt really bad. i dont do it anymore, unless im with my wife, who tells me i cant buy one unless i "search" for one. so i just dont buy any when im with her. well, i guess i do have a concience after all.

i have read this thread and i cant help but to chime in

1. i hate pack searchers that is why i only buy packs from a dealer that are behind the counter and when you ask for a pack they hand you one. i just dont think it is right to have some grown adult digging through packs just to find an auto or gu. i would much rather see some younger kid but a gu or auto than i would hit one. most adults have money to spend on this hobby. but most kids on get a little bit of money once in a while

so on that note you think it is really fair to search packs this is also one of the prime reason i moslty buy boxes because i cant stand pack searchers. i would consider all pack searchers liers and cheats. i could hit a gu or auto in every pack if i wanted to and yeah that sounds like a ton of fun but i am collecting as a hobby not to make a fortune of cheating someone but if that makes you feel good have at it but i have no respect for pack searchers at all.

now days since the gu are so over populated i would much rather hit a nice x factor rc or and nice low nubered rc than hit a regular gu. if you are interested in buying a hot pack you are looking to spend around 10$ and up on packs why not just go buy the card that you want. you can pick up some nice gu for around $10.

sorry for teh rant but i just cant stand pack searchers it makes me sick that someone cheats the hobby like that.

steve you said you pack search all the time then you have a thread in your sig saying that you want to sell everything. how many of those cards did you pull by pack searching?

chris

stevesokol21 said:
if you told me to quit searching i would tell you to get lost. im a paying customer and i want to buy what i want to buy. there is no law against it. i wouldnt care who you were either. there is fairness, get there before the other guy does. its open to everyone. if you dont know how to serach thn you dumb. dont complain. what fun is it to open something and know your gettin junk? i wouldnt even let my kid by a pack of cards. i would tell him why too. you dont ever get anything!!!. buy a box, that way you know your going to get somethin in it.

i have bought over 50 hot packs off of ebay and absolutely none of them were resealed. NONE OF THEM.

like i said. searching packs is simple. you need to know how to do it but its frickin easy. i love walkin out of target with 3-4 autos for $10. its sweet stuff.

I never want to be negative on these boards, but reading this makes me voice my opinion.

You are the scum of the Earth.

Your attitude is what is ruining this once great hobby.

You cause children to become discouraged from ever buying packs becuase you take all the fun out of opening packs.

Remember, not everyone is savvy in this hobby and some kids buy packs while their parents tell them its just a waste of money, not because the parents collect, but because they discourage the hobby. You searching packs reinforce the parents negative attitude. But I guess you have to sleep at night somehow... hopefully one day you'll switch from your selfish ways... but I highly doubt that.

true same here I stay away from them if you dont any one of these people in real life and more than 99.9% u really never know these are scammers they screw u but I will admit there have to be at least a couple of some hinest people out there that sell hot packs but u just never know.

marinocollector said:
I never want to be negative on these boards, but reading this makes me voice my opinion.

You are the scum of the Earth.

Your attitude is what is ruining this once great hobby.

You cause children to become discouraged from ever buying packs becuase you take all the fun out of opening packs.

Remember, not everyone is savvy in this hobby and some kids buy packs while their parents tell them its just a waste of money, not because the parents collect, but because they discourage the hobby. You searching packs reinforce the parents negative attitude. But I guess you have to sleep at night somehow... hopefully one day you'll switch from your selfish ways... but I highly doubt that.

well i guess i cant please everyone but thats how i am. i do this to make money and collect certain players i want to collect. i have fun doing it but even when i was a kid i did this to make money. i was good at it then and i still know how to make an easy buck doin it now.

i was about 13-14 and i made my parents get an ebay account for me so i could start selling on there. made a killing. went to card shows made some good trades, sold what i traded for and made a bundle.

but yes if i honestly want to by a pack of cards i wouldnt even do it cuz its boring and not even any fun. sorry but i dont think about anyone else when i am spending my own money on something for myself.

sorry if i like to make money like this but i know how to do it and its pretty easy to do. you just have to be smart with it.

my attitude isnt ruining the hobby either. my attitude is to get good cards and trade or sell them. thats how it was when i was a kid so thats all i knew and so i still do that. is your attitude to pull a bunch of crap cards and be happy? prolly not but thats what it seems like.

I know for a fact that there are ways to find hot packs in the late 90's they had leaf signature series that had two sigs in the pack and the owner of the store told me if you look at how the pack was sealed the lip of the pack was facing the left where the others were sealed with the lip on the right in the packs facing the left there were four autos instead of two.......so there must be ways of finding hot packs.....and I know this because I bought the two packs in that box with the lip on the left

Back