High Shipping Costs?

well, normally, because i hardly trade anymore, i assumed that shipping costs were pretty low. i mean, sending out a few cards was usually around 5-6 dollar range (and thats when i buy the bubble mailers to go with them, try to support my local UPS store :D).
i sent two bubble mailers out and the shipping ALONE was 5.66, and the bubble mailers was another 2 dollars, making everything with tax 8.15
now, i can understand if i sent 3 packages...but 2?
is it that normal prices? or is it just because its the holiday season?
could've sworn shipping was never this expensive :doh:
i mean, a dollar or two increase, sure its not a lot, but i've been meaning to get back into the whole trading scene, and this is not good news when sending out like 4 or 5 packages :doh:

well, normally, because i hardly trade anymore, i assumed that shipping costs were pretty low. i mean, sending out a few cards was usually around 5-6 dollar range (and thats when i buy the bubble mailers to go with them, try to support my local UPS store :D).
i sent two bubble mailers out and the shipping ALONE was 5.66, and the bubble mailers was another 2 dollars, making everything with tax 8.15
now, i can understand if i sent 3 packages...but 2?
is it that normal prices? or is it just because its the holiday season?
could've sworn shipping was never this expensive :doh:
i mean, a dollar or two increase, sure its not a lot, but i've been meaning to get back into the whole trading scene, and this is not good news when sending out like 4 or 5 packages :doh:

where did you mail from, a USPS office or some postal store??? Also, you need to bulk purchase envelopes if you intend to sell, much much cheaper. Striaight shipping for a single card (not counting insurance, sercvices) should not cost you more than 2.50 or so.

I buy my mailers from Sam's Club. $5 for 20. As far as shipping, you gotta be careful because there are different price points for bubbles less than 3/4 inch and more than 3/4 inch. It's really stupid. I hate it. Post office needs to stop being a-holes.

ahhh, got it. yeah i've been meaning to buy some mailers in bulk, but i just live in pretty cramped quarters. i've found some 25 packs which would help me out a lot.
i think its the size of the bubble mailers i use. they dont carry the self adhesive size 000 (or is it 2 zeros, i forget) and they end up stapling it. always paranoid they're going to hit the card, so i go the next size up, which is the 0 they carry.
also, because i was never a huge trading person, i usually could make due with about 4 trades every month, and i never thought about buying the mailers in bulk.
will do next time for sure though :D

1 card in a 0000 bubble USPS with DC is $2.05...a 100 ct bubble mailers isnt very big and will run you under $30 on ebay

USPS shipping is $1.13 for the first ounce and 17¢ for each additional ounce. Delivery confirmation is 75¢ at a post office and 18¢ through paypal.

Most of my packages cost me $1.48 to send. :)

well, i looked at the receipt, and it comes out to about 2.83 for each thing to be shipped. :(
this was more expensive than the last time i sent out 2 bubble mailers a couple of weeks ago. think the grand total was around 6 and change.
bleh, im buying in bulk from now on

Back