Has anyone heard talk about

f8n4tune

Bench Warmer
about a Larry Johnson trade to Green Bay ? If that happens i'll have to rethink my #3 pick in my money league. I was leaning towards SA or Willie Parker because LT will go 1 and Jackson will go 2.

Don't trust Herm nor the KC orginaztion in general so I consider LJ a risk if he stays.

LJ is probably at his pinnacle of value right now. There isn't too much he could do to elevate his status unless KC got alot better at other positions very quickly. If GB was dumb enough then KC could set themselves up very nicely for the next 5 years with some high picks and a starter or two out of this.

As Dan said, unlikely that GB bites big enough, but apparently they must think they are one star away from contending.

about a Larry Johnson trade to Green Bay ? If that happens i'll have to rethink my #3 pick in my money league. I was leaning towards SA or Willie Parker because LT will go 1 and Jackson will go 2.

Don't trust Herm nor the KC orginaztion in general so I consider LJ a risk if he stays.

Can I play in your league?;)

Larry Johnson broke the NFL record for carries last year, and was ranked #2 and #3 among RBs the last two years. His total points in my league last year would have placed him 2nd, 1st, 3rd, 1st, and 2nd in years 2004-2000. Don't let LT's amazing year last year blind you to LJ's ability. They will be even more reliant on him this year. And he's a relatively young 27, so he has alot of mileage left.

There is alot of hype around Steven Jackson (justified) and Frank Gore (risky with a new OC) and questions surrounding Alexander (older, coming off injury), but at least you can make a somewhat compelling argument to take them over LJ.

But Willie Parker? That's crazy talk. Pittsburgh is desperate to find a complimentary back to Parker and lighten his load. Hometown favorite Kevan Barlow will be given the first opportunity to be the 3rd down/goalline back, Najeh Davenport and Verron Haynes are still there, and Gary Russell, the undrafted guy out of Minnesota is a huge sleeper. If he's got his head right, he's as fast as Parker and stronger, and was great at Minnesota running alongside Maroney (over 1000 yards and 18 TDs). Throw in new OC Bruce Arians, who is a receivers coach and has a history of using multiple backs as the OC in Cleveland (and sucked there and as the Temple HC), and I don't touch Parker this year unless he falls into the second round.

Can I play in your league?;)

Larry Johnson broke the NFL record for carries last year, and was ranked #2 and #3 among RBs the last two years. His total points in my league last year would have placed him 2nd, 1st, 3rd, 1st, and 2nd in years 2004-2000. Don't let LT's amazing year last year blind you to LJ's ability. They will be even more reliant on him this year. And he's a relatively young 27, so he has alot of mileage left.

There is alot of hype around Steven Jackson (justified) and Frank Gore (risky with a new OC) and questions surrounding Alexander (older, coming off injury), but at least you can make a somewhat compelling argument to take them over LJ.

But Willie Parker? That's crazy talk. Pittsburgh is desperate to find a complimentary back to Parker and lighten his load. Hometown favorite Kevan Barlow will be given the first opportunity to be the 3rd down/goalline back, Najeh Davenport and Verron Haynes are still there, and Gary Russell, the undrafted guy out of Minnesota is a huge sleeper. If he's got his head right, he's as fast as Parker and stronger, and was great at Minnesota running alongside Maroney (over 1000 yards and 18 TDs). Throw in new OC Bruce Arians, who is a receivers coach and has a history of using multiple backs as the OC in Cleveland (and sucked there and as the Temple HC), and I don't touch Parker this year unless he falls into the second round.

LJ may all that you say , but he's a risk with that coach (he kills RB's) and that OL and possible holdout imho. Willie Parker is NOT as crazy as you think , guy catches passes gets yds & TD's and also the OC has made some changes in the offense to his strengths , he doesn't scare me as much as say Addai or Maroney but that's just me.

I wouldn't go Gore because of the possible injury risk , and a player like Alexander is more appealing to me just because I know what i'm getting , at least 12-16 td's and about 1200 yds even if he misses a few games.
But I see your points and in 3 yrs I haven't finished worse than 3rd , but I haven't placed 1st either ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back