Fanduel

sliqwill

Prospect
Transactions: 1
alright, if you watch pretty much anything sports, you have seen a commercial for Fanduel or Draft Kings...

I figured I would go ahead and explain how Fanduel works, so you aren't confused like I was when I started during week 1.

on the commercials they talk about dudes winning $50,000 or more in 2 weeks or whatever. this happens because they WON either a high entry fee league or a huge entry pool. so if you think you can finish better than 50,000 people each plunking down $10 to enter, you should be doing something better than hanging out here, you should be running a gambling website or working at a legit sports book in Vegas.

at least on the radio commercials they talk about just needing to beat half the people in the league to win. this is completely misleading. misleading is a common thing with this site. the real story is, there are different types of games - tournament, league, 50/50 and head to head. only in the 50/50 and head to head does the top 50% WIN, and that is only $0.90 on the dollar risked. Spend $10, the MAX you will get is $18. from what ive seen, which is mostly the $1 and $2 leagues, you are looking at 20, 50, 100, or 200 person pools in the 50/50 league, so if you are in a 100 person pool, finishing 50th pays the SAME as finishing 1st. head to head is 1 on 1, your team vs whomever. as for the tournament and league, you need to finish around the top 10% to get paid, but payout is scale, so #1 pays more than #2, and the guy that finishes at like the last paying spot, will get maybe 2:1 on the risk.

the commercials also say they will 'match' up to $200 in your account. again, misleading. sure they will 'match' it to the tune of like $0.04 per $1 risked, so to actually GET that $200, you have to risk $5000 in bets.

hopefully this helps, I thought I was going to win a few bucks the first week as the LOWEST I finished in the 5 leagues I was in was top 29% and my best was in top 13%, but I only got paid out in 1 game. week 2 since I had a better grasp, I got paid in 3 of the 5 leagues and came out up $0.40 (I don't risk much, as im not an idiot), last week I lost $5 due to Lesean McCoy, Darren Sproles, and a few 'top' fantasy plays (based on Yahoo! point projections) put up garbage numbers, so if you get 2 or 3 guys that don't do anything, you likely aren't going to do well. I entered a couple leagues for todays game, and I am in one that opened for the Thursday nighter, and I have Larry Donnell in that one, so I am looking pretty good, even though I am not in a money position, as most of the top guys had teams made up mostly of Redskins or Giants, so they wont be gaining points today, on that same note, a good number of players behind me likely have a bunch of guys yet to see the field. im currently 3556 of 19540, top 3262 pays, and the guys in the top 15 have a maximum of 3 players left, I have 8 left.

they do have 'free' leagues, but they fill up pretty quickly. I got into 1 (I think they do up to 3 per week, and they are single entry), 4500 entries, top 10% pays, and the WIN is $20, so you aren't going to make much doing those, but it is an option...

hopefully this has been helpful, and if you do the gambling thing, good luck, and don't be stupid

Yeah I put 25 in and hopefully I can make it last lol. I had Donnel this week also but not enuff help. I do like the idea of risking a buck for 5k. Later

I won 50 again...

cents that is...placed in a league with my 2nd highest scoring team of the week, my top scoring team didn't pay out...figures...

im down like $3 since I started at week 1...

who saw the Falcons going dry against the Vikings?

Back