Grading Help....Please! Need opinions.....

trojanfan43

Bench Warmer
Brad brought something very important up when I told him I was going to send 2 of my LenDale auto's in for grading.....he said centering on Chrome cards tend to hold most cards back from the perfect grade.....so I need to know 2 things from everyone:

1. Is the centering on theses cards good?
2. PSA or BGS?

scan0007.jpg

scan0006.jpg

It's hard to tell by scans... the Topps Chrome looks to be OK. But the Bowman Chrome is at least 40/60 left to right. And by the scan (again not good to grade, better to see in person) it looks like the upper left boarder is slanting down to the right.

Gotta agree with Bounty here. I think the BC will get a 9 on the centering, so if you submit, the corners/edges/etc. better be real good.

I think the Topps Chrome is fine as long as the surface is clean. Centering looks about 50-50

Gotta agree with Bounty here. I think the BC will get a 9 on the centering, so if you submit, the corners/edges/etc. better be real good.

I think the Topps Chrome is fine as long as the surface is clean. Centering looks about 50-50

so is it better to have a raw card, or have a 9????

so is it better to have a raw card, or have a 9????

Nothing wrong with a BGS 9, IMO. Just on recent releases, it doesn't greatly impact the value on a set with a lot of 9.5's in the registry already. My Davis Chrome BGS 9 probably would maybe sell around 5-10 above a nicely centered raw copy. But that's just an estimation.

On new stuff, I'd go with BGS, btw.

It's not a huge investment, if you don't like the grade you can always crack it out. But it will be hurricane proof you know :D

Oh something else I noticed on the Topps Chrome. The color picture is noticeably offset with the chrome imprint. I am not sure if they consider that centering or even look at that.

Back