Favorite College Sports Moments

Ok I know that I went to a I-AA or FCS School but this play was simply amazing. I was working for the Appalachian State Student radio station at the time covering the game. We are playing at home against Furman on Oct 12, 2002. I was on the sidelines doing injury and time out reports. We are up 14-9 with about 20 seconds left in the game. Furman scores on a slant and go up 15-14. Instead of going for the xp, they decide to go for a 2-point conversion????:lollol: Well Ill let youtube show the outcome of that brillian idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW6Yl9eYkIs&mode=related&search=

and in case you cant figure it out, App won by a point :cheers:

Second would be watching us win our first national championship in Chattanooga in 2005, then again in 2006

UW Men's Basketball 2004 beating #1 and undefeated Stanford in the final game of the year to secure a spot in the NCAA Tournament:salut:

UW Football beating Miami early in 2000 surviving a very demoralizing Santana Moss TD Kick Return in what would be Miami's only loss of the year

UW footbal beating Oregon St. in 2000 and clinching the Pac-10 Title after Oregon St. missed what would have been a game winning field goal as time ran out. Also, both Chad Johnson and TJ Houshmanzadeh were on the Beavers and that would also be the Beavers only loss of the year.

So what does that teach you Huskies finished #3 in the country and gave the #2 and #4 teams their only loss showing that the real best team of that year was UW:cheers::D

easy, Pacific Lutheran winning the NAIA Div II National Championship in FB, cementing the Sears Trophy for the school that year.

Back