ebay CEO response to FRAUDULENT LISTINGS

deantap

Bench Warmer
As you all know I posted a thread showing (5) listings by seller **ryder** that ended last night. They were all originally purchased by the i.d. ufjumper7 and after being ALTERED with fake patches re-sold under **ryder**. I took the evidence I had and filed mutiple claims on the lsitings and seller. I even wrote the CEO of ebay/paypal last night. Well, after a very short investigation I got this response from the Office of the CEO (as I'm sure John Donohoe (CEO) never saw my letter in the first place).

Hello Patrick,

Thank you for contacting John Donahoe with your concern. My name is
Kristine with eBay's Office of the President and John has asked that I
contact you on his behalf.

eBay is extremely concerned about fraud on our site, whether it is
fraudulent buyers or fraudulent sellers, and we review every report that
we receive. We received your previous emails regarding these members and
we have reviewed them thoroughly and I have also reviewed these accounts
once again based on the information provided in your report.

Unfortunately, we do not show any evidence of fraud or shill bidding in
this particular situation. If you have received fake or altered items
please be sure that you are reporting these through the PayPal
Significantly Not as Described process so that we can do an
investigation and possible reimbursement. We do not review listings on
our site for validity because we are not experts in every area, but when
we receive reports through the claims system we are able to take
appropriate action.

Kind Regards,

Kristine
Office of the President
eBay, Inc.

Basically they have reemphasized that it is LEGAL to sell ALTERED/FAKE cards with FRAUDULENT LISTINGS by taking NO ACTION on this matter or any in the past. I wrote a response to their letter and if I hear anything more I will share it with you.

They Don't care as long as they get their fees and charges for listings and what not. That is all there is too it, and therefor they laid it on Paypal for an issues concerning you getting money back. All they did by replying is cover there butt that is all. People do not care about truth or whats right and whats wrong anymore that is why our world is crumbling slowly in front of the peoples eyes because 75 percent just do not care unless it benefits them. Sorry for the depressing reply but it's the truth

ac-n-mike said:
like I said in your original post...

SADLY EBAY WILL DO NOTHING ABOUT IT....

sad to say but yes you did :( Upper Deck has asked for any evidence so I'm going to now forward everything to them so they can hopefully investigate the matter PROPERLY!!

how can ebay pull fake purses and other items but refuse to pull FAKE cards.. when the REAL cards were pictured and sent to them? UNREAL

ebay is a joke.. They take $500 a month from me for fees.. They wont listen to us.. Reason why I dont buy logo patch autos..

ac-n-mike said:
how can ebay pull fake purses and other items but refuse to pull FAKE cards.. when the REAL cards were pictured and sent to them? UNREAL

Because the card companies don't really care that much about it......

The only reason you can't sell "Topps Tiffany cards" is because Tiffany's sued Eaby. Same with Coach purses, and a couple other high end companies.

As long as Ebay isn't getting any grief, they aren't going to do jack squat about it!

Back