Deion Sanders on Lt not playing today and sitting on the bench all game

Blitzburgh

Bench Warmer
"Big time players must play in bigtime games"

"It must be a surgery in the offseason for him to get off for this one"

quoted - D. Sanders in his NFL wrap up tonight

Well all I know is this and this is only a personal opinion.

Philip Rivers was playing with a knee sprain and a torn or partially torn ACL (pending x-rays) and it showed on both of those INT's he threw but at least he played and tried to get a win. Say what you want about him jawing to the fans but he showed heart and if anyone should have been pulled from the game it was Rivers , you could see he couldn't get set on his throws and they still were in the game.

I think if the crybaby (LT) would have played injured it may have made a difference in at least 2 of those FG's being TD's. But we'll never know now. It's not like the SB was next Sunday and he already had some rest from last week.

Well, I guess Deion knows, who a I to question him. :roll:

It's got nothing to do with Deion. Call me old fashioned, but if it's the biggest game of your career and you can walk, you better damn well be playing. Hell, Rivers could have a torn ACL, Gates has a bum ankle, and both were limping around out there and playing. LT couldn't even get in to be a decoy. Just weaksauce, IMO. If you can't tough it out for the game of your life, when will you tough it out?

LT never moved on the bench. I want to know what the F was up there... I did not see a limb hangin off there,, he was just sitting.

With this, and the GB game, I am still ... ahha aaahha hhhaaaa :shake:

Giants EARNED their win... with SD... no LT = no win... and he sat there the whole game.. even with a knee thing... could you at least give some support to your team?

this is innnteresting....

It's got nothing to do with Deion. Call me old fashioned, but if it's the biggest game of your career and you can walk, you better damn well be playing. Hell, Rivers could have a torn ACL, Gates has a bum ankle, and both were limping around out there and playing. LT couldn't even get in to be a decoy. Just weaksauce, IMO. If you can't tough it out for the game of your life, when will you tough it out?
Maybe he didn't want to tear up his knee more than it already is. Nobody knows how bad it is. It's not like he didn't try at all. He went out there and got hit in the knee again. Maybe he felt like he would hurt the team more than help them (they do have a very good #2). A QB with a bad ACL is nothing compared to a RB with a bad ACL. A RB has to run on every play and make cuts (LT's style of running). All Rivers has to do is drop back in the pocket and throw. Maybe he was looking out for his future. Maybe he could have totally messed up his knee if he had tried to keep playing. maybe you should get the full story before you start bashing people.

Weaksauce is you sitting on your couch bashing an injured player for not playing in a game. :salut: Aren't you a big shot. :roll:

Im going to give LT benefit of the doubt, it could be coach decision as well.

And the QB/RB comparison doesnt fly for the reasons already stated. Rivers could barely move, its not like he was going to be able to play at RB today.

I'm fine if he was injured to the point that he can't play, but seeing him sit on the bench the whole fing time with that stupid ass mask pissed the hell outta me. The biggest game and you don't move an inch? What the hell is with that? At least have that stupid helmet off and be standing up and cheering your team on and being a motivator.

Pure bullsht imo and something as a player or coach would be highly pissed at.

GIANTS ROCK :cheers:

Maybe he didn't want to tear up his knee more than it already is. Nobody knows how bad it is. It's not like he didn't try at all. He went out there and got hit in the knee again. Maybe he felt like he would hurt the team more than help them (they do have a very good #2). A QB with a bad ACL is nothing compared to a RB with a bad ACL. A RB has to run on every play and make cuts (LT's style of running). All Rivers has to do is drop back in the pocket and throw. Maybe he was looking out for his future. Maybe he could have totally messed up his knee if he had tried to keep playing. maybe you should get the full story before you start bashing people.

Weaksauce is you sitting on your couch bashing an injured player for not playing in a game. :salut: Aren't you a big shot. :roll:

All things stated are noted but if they all ring true and you're the TEAM player you're always crying about being you are and a game is this close you cheer at least and not sulk , injury and all. Alot of the blame goes to Norv as well for not seeing that Rivers couldn't get anything on his throws , those guys were open ALL game and the balls were short hopping or being thrown behind them.

I question him for his lack of action as a bystander. He did nothing to motivate his teammates or even seem interested in the game. Same thing as Reggie Bush did this year. Sat and sulked on the sidelines. I guess some players don't care about team success unless it's a result of their personal success.

I do not question his not playing. If the coach thinks his backups are more effective and give them a better chance to win than an injured starter then that is what a coach is paid to evaluate. In the cases of Rivers and Gates, obviously Turner believed a damaged QB and TE were a better option for success than a healthy backup. Michael Turner and Darren Sproles are 2 explosive players in their own right.

I suppose had Turner allowed Tomlinson to go in, watched him struggle to compete through his injuries, watched him go down with a more severe injury that required immediate surgery and possibly jeoprodized his future in the league I guess it would be better so fans would not question his heart.

I'm no fan of LT's. I think he is immature and self centered. But any player that is able to elevate themselves to the level he has in his career has proven he has heart. I liken this situation to Randy Moss. Their talent and production dictate that they have heart and can do what few others can even dream of. What they do not have is the maturity to supplement this and the attitude of a professional. They are teenagers in men's bodies.

Actually, weaksauce is constantly ripping and disagreeing with someone on the internet just because you don't like them ;)
The report from the Chargers during the game was "sore knee, can return." He did not reinjure it, or if he did, the Chargers lied in their report. As a fan, I'm helping to pay these guys' massive salaries. I'm not a big fan of paying guys who won't lay it on the line in a big game.
And don't use the QB/RB argument. Rivers had a partially torn ACL and easily could have fully torn it with a low blow. Look at recent QBs to blow out ACLs: McNabb, Culpepper and Palmer have all been slivers off their past selves after the injuries. Rivers had a future to look out for too, as did Gates, but they put the goals of the team over their own well being. They gained a lot of respect in my book, and LT is losing more and more from me everyday.

Back