Deion Sanders on Lt not playing today and sitting on the bench all game

Well all I know is this and this is only a personal opinion.

Philip Rivers was playing with a knee sprain and a torn or partially torn ACL (pending x-rays) and it showed on both of those INT's he threw but at least he played and tried to get a win. Say what you want about him jawing to the fans but he showed heart and if anyone should have been pulled from the game it was Rivers , you could see he couldn't get set on his throws and they still were in the game.

I think if the crybaby (LT) would have played injured it may have made a difference in at least 2 of those FG's being TD's. But we'll never know now. It's not like the SB was next Sunday and he already had some rest from last week.
I was thinking the same thing (about Rivers playing on a partially-torn ACL and Tomlinson not playing on a sprained MCL).

On Rivers' first INT (the one to Samuel), he was leg-whipped by Mike Vrabel, which didn't allow him to step into the throw (not like he was zipping the ball all over the field anyway), but that definitely made a difference.

Then again, it's LT's long-term future vs. his shot to get to the Super Bowl (possibly). Kind of a catch-22.

I don't know what the exact details are, but LT probably got sat because Michael Turner went in for him and did well. He probably was making excuses to the Coach about how he wasn't going to be able to do well because of the sprained MCL, and Norv just said, fine, I'll use Sproles and Turner instead.

My respect for Philip Rivers went up 100% after watching the game yesterday. While he threw two picks, he was also fairly effective moving their offense against the Pats defense. Also, wasn't LT the one who told Rivers to step up when he was injured? I would have liked to see LT standing on the sidelines cheering his team on which is what you do when you're injured!

I also agree with Deion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back