darnell bing cut by raiders...already signed by 49ers

deputyjaay

Bench Warmer
He was a steal in last years draft and is never going to suite up with silver and black. He was released yetserday by the raiders and siggned by the
49ers today. :doh:

There's gotta be more to the story. No team just cuts a second round pick before they even get to their second training camp...

4th;)

And he was injured the entire season last year, so maybe thats why he was cut. He couldnt prove anything and they didnt see enough of him.

There's gotta be more to the story. No team just cuts a second round pick before they even get to their second training camp...

If im not mistaken they drafted him in the 4th round last year ( a steal that late ) but hes a tweener. We have 3 quality safeties on the roster ( huff, sweigart and darius...and we drafted and just signed the local kid eric frampton who is a safety of the future.

With all that said the 49ers have a talent on their hands!!

If im not mistaken they drafted him in the 4th round last year ( a steal that late ) but hes a tweener. We have 3 quality safeties on the roster ( huff, sweigart and darius...and we drafted and just signed the local kid eric frampton who is a safety of the future.

With all that said the 49ers have a talent on their hands!!

His name is Stu Schweigert and I love him.

:D

bad pick too slow to play db and too small to play LB.... that is what you do with guys that can't play you cut them, pretty soon the 49ers will follow suit watch.... and by the way as bad as the Raiders were last year their D was pretty good.

bad pick too slow to play db and too small to play LB.... that is what you do with guys that can't play you cut them, pretty soon the 49ers will follow suit watch.... and by the way as bad as the Raiders were last year their D was pretty good.

I think a 4.5 40 yard dash for a big hitting strong safety is just fine speed wise. But yea not big enough for a lb lacks natural coverage ability but is a huge hitter. Could work out as a ss in the right system

And the raiders had the #1 pass defense in the league last year:clap: a little better than " pretty good"

they just had the worst offense ever:lollol:

2 words for Al Davis and his staff:

napoleon.jpg

Gotta agree with this. In addition, with the money committed to Michael Lewis, and the reliable, hard-hitting veteran Keith Lewis both holding spots on the roster, I see Bing's chance of sticking around at SS not too high. I could see him being useful on special teams though.

3-4 D out in SF, I think. He should work well either way, as an OLB or a run stopping saftey. Oakland is a joke. They suck. Their fans suck. Especially anyone claiming to have Filipino heritage :ban::cheers::ban:

Back