Chris Kamen to play in the olympics

OldAdmin

Bench Warmer
Kamen looks to be ready to play in the Olympics. However it isn't for the United States, however for Germany. If you haven't been watching other countries have been doing this quite a bit this year. I think this is something that the olympic committee should do something about.

I would like to see the rules be changed that you have to have multiple full seasons in a country OR be born there. I mean it is pretty shady of countries to be taking obviously american players onto their teams.

Admin said:
I would like to see the rules be changed that you have to have multiple full seasons in a country OR be born there. I mean it is pretty shady of countries to be taking obviously american players onto their teams.
i guess dalembert lived in montreal as a child, after being born in haiti

the issue i see is that it takes 2 weeks to process his citizenship?

while there maybe someone else in dire straits that takes years

I am not afraid of losing to the German Dirks. However, I think that these games are supposed to show the talents of your country. If you did not live in the country (for an extended period) or were not born in a country you shouldn't be playing for their team. This isn't league play where you can buy players, however seems like some countries are. Maybe we could pull Yao Ming, Steve Nash, and the other foreign players onto out team.

That won't happen....
Only scrubs are playing for other countries instead of USA.

You won't see Lebron or Wade playing for Germany :)

Over the long run if other countries persist in using USA players, they are just stopping their own talent developing.

Hands said:
That won't happen....
Only scrubs are playing for other countries instead of USA.

You won't see Lebron or Wade playing for Germany :)

Over the long run if other countries persist in using USA players, they are just stopping their own talent developing.

Greece > US in 04

Greece scrubs??

BTW: When do all of these starts? Is it like August 8th??

Nah man.. Greece don't have scrubs.
They have a couple of big men that CHOSE not to play in the NBA.
Not sure why....

Most international teams have talent...

I am talking about scrubs from the NBA ;)

I can't wait for the tournament to start :)

I like the Redeem Team... it is catchy :)

Back