Celebrations and the NFL

CamaroDMD

Insert Cool Title
This year, the league has cracked down on player celebrating. An incredible number of unsportsmanlike conduct penalties have been called. I'm not really sure what I think of it.

On one hand, football is entertainment and should be fun. A little crazy behavior after a big play can be fun/funny. On the other hand, these people are professionals and are on the job. If I started twerking in the office every time I did a great filling...I'd probably not have a lot of patients. So, I can see both sides of it.

I'm not really sure where I stand. I do think that there are too many flags being thrown though. What do you think?

doing the "high five" and other hand slaps, etc. is okay by me.. but when a grown 300 pound man starts dancing and twerking... that's going a little too far.

anything over 15 seconds is excessive... stop jumping into the stands... play ball...

I tend to agree with you. These rehearsed acts are a little much.

I will admit that a small part of me would be curious to see what would happen if the NFL adopted the celebration policy of the Chinese Arena League...where there are no rules against it.

I am still amazed that the NFL still fines players 50K for giving a game ball to a fan. You would think they would at least allow players to make nice with fans and let them make some kids day (good PR), if not even encourage that.

... and there are certain players that will give game balls to kids only! The league should give these guys $50K each time instead of fining them!

I am still amazed that the NFL still fines players 50K for giving a game ball to a fan. You would think they would at least allow players to make nice with fans and let them make some kids day (good PR), if not even encourage that.
As I understand it. Players are only fined if they throw the ball into the stands overhand as it is a safety risk for them to rocket the ball into the stands. Otherwise they don't get fined.

Back