Carnell Williams

yeah tearing that tendon can be fixed but he will never be the same. only way to fix it is with cadavore or removing part of your quad muscle in the front, and attaching it to the top of your knee cap and anchoring it to your shin. it's a full replacement surgery cause if it's torn you can't just go in and clean it up, you have to remove it entirely.

very very tough surgery to come back from. it's possible but he will be in traction for about a yr learning to walk again with a leg brace.

omg, i saw the replay. I hope he is able to recover from it. that is a horrible way to end a career.

i was watching the game and once it happened i knew he would be done for the year, and that he would be lucky to be back before the beginning of next season. But i wish him the best that it doesn't end his career. Huge loss for TB

I feel bad for Caddy . Hope it's not real bad haven't heard any real updates on him as of yet . i'll keep listening to the local bucs station and let you guys know .

From ESPN with link to full story...........

Williams injured his right knee when he was tackled by Carolina safety Chris Harris at the end of an 18-yard run during the first quarter of Sunday's 20-7 victory over the Panthers. The blow forced Williams backward as his right leg bent under him awkwardly, and Williams immediately clutched the knee as he lay on the ground after the play.

Panthers wideout Steve Smith, standing a short distance from Williams on the sideline, immediately started motioning for medical personnel. The entire Tampa Bay team eventually came off their sideline to join Panthers players around the cart as Williams left the field.

"I came in at halftime and I just put my arms around him," Pittman said of Williams. "I really didn't say, 'It's going to be all right' because it's not all right, really. I know if I was in that situation, I don't want nobody to tell me it's going to be all right. But I think he'll bounce back. He fought through his rib injuries and he's going to fight through this."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3044754

Back