Boise gets 7 1st Place Votes

23 R Brown 23

Bench Warmer
Boise needs to play a real schedule like the rest of the damn ranked teams. look at FSU and Miami:
Heres FSU season:

09/11/10 at Oklahoma TV Norman, OK 3:30 p.m. ET
09/18/10 vs. BYU TV Tallahassee, Fla. 3:30 p.m. ET
09/25/10 vs. Wake Forest Tallahassee, Fla. TBA
10/02/10 at Virginia Charlottesville, VA TBA
10/09/10 at Miami Miami, Fla. TBA
10/16/10 vs. Boston College Tallahassee, Fla. TBA
10/28/10 at North Carolina State TV Raleigh, NC 7:30 p.m. ET
11/06/10 vs. North Carolina Tallahassee, Fla. TBA
11/13/10 vs. Clemson Tallahassee, Fla. TBA
11/20/10 at Maryland College Park, MD TBA
11/27/10 vs. Florida Tallahassee, Fla. TBA

Now Miami's:
09/11/10 at Ohio State TV Columbus, Ohio 3:40 p.m. ET
09/23/10 at Pittsburgh TV Pittsburgh, Pa. 7:30 p.m. ET
10/02/10 at Clemson * Clemson, S.C. TBA
10/09/10 vs. Florida State * Miami Gardens, Fla. TBA
10/16/10 at Duke * Durham, N.C. TBA
10/23/10 vs. North Carolina Miami Gardens, Fla. TBA
10/30/10 at Virginia * Charlottesville, Va. TBA
11/06/10 vs. Maryland * Miami Gardens, Fla. TBA
11/13/10 at Georgia Tech * Atlanta, Ga. TBA
11/20/10 vs. Virginia Tech * Miami Gardens, Fla. TBA
11/27/10 vs. USF Miami Gardens, Fla. TBA

along with the other teams in the the SEC, ACC, ect... Boise would not have these undefeated records or live a chance playing teams like these week after week! THERE NEEDS TO BE A PLAYOFF SYSTEM!!!!!

Boise needs to play a real schedule like the rest of the damn ranked teams. look at FSU and Miami:
Heres FSU season:

09/11/10 at Oklahoma TV Norman, OK 3:30 p.m. ET
09/18/10 vs. BYU TV Tallahassee, Fla. 3:30 p.m. ET
09/25/10 vs. Wake Forest Tallahassee, Fla. TBA
10/02/10 at Virginia Charlottesville, VA TBA
10/09/10 at Miami Miami, Fla. TBA
10/16/10 vs. Boston College Tallahassee, Fla. TBA
10/28/10 at North Carolina State TV Raleigh, NC 7:30 p.m. ET
11/06/10 vs. North Carolina Tallahassee, Fla. TBA
11/13/10 vs. Clemson Tallahassee, Fla. TBA
11/20/10 at Maryland College Park, MD TBA
11/27/10 vs. Florida Tallahassee, Fla. TBA

Now Miami's:
09/11/10 at Ohio State TV Columbus, Ohio 3:40 p.m. ET
09/23/10 at Pittsburgh TV Pittsburgh, Pa. 7:30 p.m. ET
10/02/10 at Clemson * Clemson, S.C. TBA
10/09/10 vs. Florida State * Miami Gardens, Fla. TBA
10/16/10 at Duke * Durham, N.C. TBA
10/23/10 vs. North Carolina Miami Gardens, Fla. TBA
10/30/10 at Virginia * Charlottesville, Va. TBA
11/06/10 vs. Maryland * Miami Gardens, Fla. TBA
11/13/10 at Georgia Tech * Atlanta, Ga. TBA
11/20/10 vs. Virginia Tech * Miami Gardens, Fla. TBA
11/27/10 vs. USF Miami Gardens, Fla. TBA

along with the other teams in the the SEC, ACC, ect... Boise would not have these undefeated records or live a chance playing teams like these week after week! THERE NEEDS TO BE A PLAYOFF SYSTEM!!!!!

Boise can only play teams who want to schedule them. VT thought they'd have a decent enough home field advatage in Lonnieville last night, but didn't.

Plus, I don't see Boise joining the Pac 20 or Big Tenhundred any time soon, so, their conference schedule will always be weaker than Vandy's or NC St. ...

you hit the nail on the head Dave. No big school will schedule Boise State because there is nothing positive that will come out of it. If they win, their strength of schedule goes down. If they lose, they are out of the running for a chip.

V tech should of won but killed themselves with poor playcalling on that final drive. They had a minute and 9 seconds with two timeouts, with that kinda time they did not need to throw 4 bombs they could of tooke 7-15 yrds a pop from the prevent defense (clock stops on a first down to move chains) and doing that could of got into field go range but instead they freaked out and went for bombs like it was a game of madden.

V tech should of won but killed themselves with poor playcalling on that final drive. They had a minute and 9 seconds with two timeouts, with that kinda time they did not need to throw 4 bombs they could of tooke 7-15 yrds a pop from the prevent defense (clock stops on a first down to move chains) and doing that could of got into field go range but instead they freaked out and went for bombs like it was a game of madden.

Wouldn't that mean they were behind before the final drive? I didn't watch the game but if they were behind going into a poor final drive, wouldn't that mean they didn't get it done in the first 58 minutes, 51 seconds?

I mean, I get that they play in a cupcake conference but they also win year in and year out (including their non-conference schedule, which they try to make as hard as freaking possible...but that was touched on in an earlier post)

Personally, I want Boise State to go to a national championship. When they were thrown a bone a few years ago, BSU delivered one of the most memorable games (arguably) in the history of CFB and THE most memorable CFB game I've personally ever watched.

I don't know, like I said, I'm not a CFB guru or anything but personally, I love Boise State just because they throw the gauntlet out to every school in CFB saying 'we aren't scared of you' and then go out, play their asses off and win.

I think vets is referring to VT throwing the ball with 2 minutes left (Boise had no time outs) and then having to punt that ball back to Boise State.

There are 11 major conferences. The conference champion gets an automatic bid, and 1 at large bid (so Notre Dame and the service academys have a shot). Seeding is based on final poll. Top 4 teams have first round bye. First and second rounds are home games. 3rd and 4th round at neutral location. How hard is that? That's 11 bowl games, plenty of money to go around. If someone who doesn't make the tourney wants to go play in the Pepto Bismol Bowl then have at it.

If Boise is actually the number 1 team in the country, I am the fucking muffin man and I will shit out delicious pastries for whatever dumbasses think that they are actually THE BEST team in the country.

Boise is nowhere near the best team in the country. The only reason why they are looked at as a legitimate contender because they beat the most over ranked team in NCAA history the OU Sooners in a bowl game. Like everyone and their cousin has not done that in the last decade. A team that had like 5 first round picks on it last season and still lost its opener to BYU. That is right a team that got beat by a bunch of Mormons.

Boise is nowhere near the best team in the country. The only reason why they are looked at as a legitimate contender because they beat the most over ranked team in NCAA history the OU Sooners in a bowl game. Like everyone and their cousin has not done that in the last decade. A team that had like 5 first round picks on it last season and still lost its opener to BYU. That is right a team that got beat by a bunch of Mormons.

WOW 7 national titles and counting and you come up with this stupid post. What an idiot. How many do your lil team have. 3 lol and 1 shouldnt even count cause that sorry ream lost to the likes or Ark and Ky that year. How the hell do you deserve to play for a national title losing to those sorry prorams. LMAO:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Granted you did beat OU in 03, That was impressive but def didnt deserve to be in the other title game. Keep your ignorant comments coming. BTW losing to mormons is better than losing to a bunch of hicks. dumba$$ lmao

seven voters are clueless, personally id like a 16 team with every division champ in automatically, which leaves four openings

If anyone thinks that on a neutral field Boise could keep up with these top teams most days they need to take the blue tinted glasses off.

WOW 7 national titles and counting and you come up with this stupid post. What an idiot. How many do your lil team have. 3 lol and 1 shouldnt even count cause that sorry ream lost to the likes or Ark and Ky that year. How the hell do you deserve to play for a national title losing to those sorry prorams. LMAO:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Granted you did beat OU in 03, That was impressive but def didnt deserve to be in the other title game. Keep your ignorant comments coming. BTW losing to mormons is better than losing to a bunch of hicks. dumba$$ lmao

[/I]

I dislike the Sooners because of people like you. People who think because Swittzer's Sooners were great that Stoops are too, live in complete denial. Stoops is a choke artist, even though he is a better coach than Les Miles. That is all I meant to say. If Saban had the 2007 Tigers they would be undefeated like last years Bama team. Keep drinking your Stoops cool-aid with the rest of your mouth-breathing fan base.

[/I]

I dislike the Sooners because of people like you. People who think because Swittzer's Sooners were great that Stoops are too, live in complete denial. Stoops is a choke artist, even though he is a better coach than Les Miles. That is all I meant to say. If Saban had the 2007 Tigers they would be undefeated like last years Bama team. Keep drinking your Stoops cool-aid with the rest of your mouth-breathing fan base.

First of all I dont think all of Stoops teams are great. He has had some very good teams, but no one coulda beat usc the year they killed us. Then we lose to a good lsu team in '03 21-14. Not a terrible choke mind you. Then OU loses to florida 24-14, i think. Not sure where u come up with all the choke crap. We lost to a damn good Boise St team that perfected 2 trick plays, but really who cares, if it isnt a national title game who cares. It isnt like ur lsu boys will play in one anytime soon. So if u would like to keep going thats fine we can .
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMER
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONERS

Don't hate Boise because people vote for them. To me, they do their best with what they have. They are emblamatic of the broken system, but with no playoff and very few teams willing to schedule them, I don't see their situation changing.

Back