Football Bengals sign RB Benson

PaSlickWilly139

Bench Warmer
What does everyone think ?

Will Cedric make a impact with the Bengals or not ?

Let me hear your thoughs. I would like to think this is a good move for the Bengals but they are talking a large chance on him.

CINCINNATI (TICKER) —The Cincinnati Bengals are rolling the dice again.

The Bengals on Tuesday signed running back Cedric Benson, who was released by the Chicago Bears earlier this year after he was arrested on a pair of alcohol-related charges.

Terms of the contract were not disclosed.

Charges against Benson in both cases were dismissed last week, so the Bengals obviously felt comfortable taking a chance on signing him.

The Bengals just welcomed back wide receiver Chris Henry from a four-game suspension Monday for violating the league’s personal conduct policy.

Henry has been released by Cincinnati on April 3 following his fifth arrest since 2005 but was re-signed on August 19. He was among nine members of the Bengals who were arrested during a nine-month stretch in 2006.

Benson was arrested twice in a five-week span in May and early June. He disputed both arrests - one for a traffic violation and once for a boating incident.

The No. 4 overall pick by the Bears in the 2005 draft, Benson had a disappointing NFL career thus far, failing to reach 1,000 yards rushing in his three seasons in Chicago. He played in 35 games for the Bears, starting 12.

In 2007, Benson’s season was cut short by a broken leg, an injury which sidelined him for the final five games.

Benson averaged a career low of 3.4 yards per carry last year, finishing the season with 674 yards and four touchdowns on 196 carries.

While at Texas, Benson was arrested twice - on a misdemeanor trespassing charge in 2003 for entering an apartment to retrieve a television that he reported stolen, and on misdemeanor drug and alcohol charges in 2002 that eventually were dropped.

Also on Tuesday, Cincinnati placed running back DeDe Dorsey on injured reserve.

Really funny how much Benson fell, used to be my boy at uT and then he came to the NFL and stunk up the joint. Hopefully he can try and do something here........doubt it.

His offenses is not nearly as bad as others on that team, I hope he learns from it though. If he stays healthy i think he'll make a huge impact, I mean c'mon 3.4 yds with current bears O is like 4.3 in another team, even forte is struggling by stat standards, 3.8. Having Carson will open up the lanes and space, you will see, the only thing that will hinder is if he doesn't stays healthy.

with the running game cinci had after they let rudi johnson go, i think its a chance they had to take. how worse can they get anyways..lol

I am a lifelong Bengals fan (even through the god-awful 90's) and this team makes me want to cry on a daily basis now. The way this offensive line is playing it doesn't matter if they clone Barry Sanders and bring him back.

Oh well...... 10 more years until a playoff game it looks like.

Who Dey

PS Mike Brown sux

Back