Basketball Arenas, Crittenton PULL GUNS ON EACH OTHER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arenas days as a Wizard will be over if this all turns out true. The Wizards can terminate his contract if he's convicted of any type of felony,and you'd think they wouldn't hesitate to get out of the deal he has.

HiEnd said:
Arenas days as a Wizard will be over if this all turns out true. The Wizards can terminate his contract if he's convicted of any type of felony,and you'd think they wouldn't hesitate to get out of the deal he has.

Exactly!

Everyone acts like the guns are the problem, I think the gambling is a bigger problem. They should have a right to bare arms to protect themselves........

The bad people that shouldn't have guns will have guns, how do the good people protect themselves.......from the bad people......If logic serves me correctly I don't think a 911 call then dispatch will beat a bullet out of the chamber.

Prosper said:
Everyone acts like the guns are the problem, I think the gambling is a bigger problem. They should have a right to bare arms to protect themselves........

The bad people that shouldn't have guns will have guns, how do the good people protect themselves.......from the bad people......If logic serves me correctly I don't think a 911 call then dispatch will beat a bullet out of the chamber.
Gambling, while some question if it's good or bad, can't physically harm anyone. A gun can. When you mix gambling with stupid people who own a gun(s), there is a huge problem.

Where the heck are you coming from with your statement? It really doesn't make much sense at all.

bjtheman1 said:
They both deserve to be banned and MAYBE a little jail time, at least a nice fine. This is a huge deal. Depending on Washington's Firearm's policy and if either of them had felonies on their records, etc. They could get in some serious trouble. I also doubt either of them were licensed to carry.

Talk about maturity with firearms, I can't believe these two teammates had firearms on them and pulled them on one another.

Arenas just had a issue with guns a month or so ago, he had brought firearms and had them in his locker.

As sports athletes, adults, role models to some, they just ruined it all!

I agree 100%. If true, they both deserve to be banned and serve the max. jail time allowed.

This is a HUGE deal. I feel pity for anyone trying to write this off likes it's not a big deal. I feel sorry for the lessons in life that their parents apparently neglected to teach them. And I feel sorry for the lessons in life that they apparently don't have the skills to teach their children. Lessons like simple right and wrong.

Steve_O_21 said:
Where the heck are you coming from with your statement?
Statement is simple protection, do you have something that needs protection...... How do you protect it. Everyone should have the right to protect their family, assets, and themselves.

Steve_O_21 said:
It really doesn't make much sense at all.

Guns are used for protection.......

I do not think either of these players are holding guns to go rob a local convenient store or shoot up their old neighborhoods.

There was a dispute, they grabbed the closest form of protection they had which incidentally was a gun. One player was protecting his livelihood while the other was protecting his life..... I am sure they understood the repercussions of taking a life. Which is the reason no one was hurt. If there was no gun there would have been a fight or another weapon. The problem wasn't the gun it was gambling.

For those who think oh no he has a gun he is going to kill everyone, get real. The reason most of these athletes carry them is for protection, yes they actually have things to protect. If they fight they get sued for millions, if they pull a gun assault typically avoided as the assaulter runs off.

IMO....Taking away someone's freedom for carrying a gun is absurd.

Taking away someone's freedom for unjustly using a gun is justice.

Just because the government tells you something is wrong doesn't always necessarily mean it is.

Cigarettes and Alcohol cause more physical harm then guns...

Prosper said:
Steve_O_21 said:
Where the heck are you coming from with your statement?
Statement is simple protection, do you have something that needs protection...... How do you protect it. Everyone should have the right to protect their family, assets, and themselves.

Guns are used for protection.......

I do not think either of these players are holding guns to go rob a local convenient store or shoot up their old neighborhoods.

There was a dispute, they grabbed the closest form of protection they had which incidentally was a gun. One player was protecting his livelihood while the other was protecting his life..... I am sure they understood the repercussions of taking a life. Which is the reason no one was hurt. If there was no gun there would have been a fight or another weapon. The problem wasn't the gun it was gambling.

For those who think oh no he has a gun he is going to kill everyone, get real. The reason most of these athletes carry them is for protection, yes they actually have things to protect. If they fight they get sued for millions, if they pull a gun assault typically avoided as the assaulter runs off.

IMO....Taking away someone's freedom for carrying a gun is absurd.

Taking away someone's freedom for unjustly using a gun is justice.

Just because the government tells you something is wrong doesn't always necessarily mean it is.

Cigarettes and Alcohol cause more physical harm then guns...

Arenas makes $15 million a year,Jarvis makes about $1 million a year. Arenas was going to welch on the $25K he owed,and grabbed a gun,so that's alright??

The gambling is not the problem,it goes on in every clubhouse and on every flight. Arenas is the problem and being the typical punk,goes for a piece instead of manning up and paying his debt

Someone in this thread is a complete... well I'm just going to shut up because it's not worth the time. Enjoy your ignorance.

HiEnd said:
Arenas makes $15 million a year,Jarvis makes about $1 million a year. Arenas was going to welch on the $25K he owed,and grabbed a gun,so that's alright??

The gambling is not the problem,it goes on in every clubhouse and on every flight. Arenas is the problem and being the typical punk,goes for a piece instead of manning up and paying his debt

I believe that 5 years of Prison for this is an unjust punishment. I believe that both of these individuals are not a detriment to society and should NOT go to prison for this. Counseling and community service is a much better fit, these are icons that are capable of having a tremendous positive impact on our society. No one is perfect, a lesson can be learned here that lesson should not be to ROT in prison. This is a negative that can be a turned into a positive.

Steve_O_21 said:
Someone in this thread is a complete... well I'm just going to shut up because it's not worth the time. Enjoy your ignorance.

And will remain ignorant until enlightened. In this case I would use the words compassionate or merciful.

P.S. Indirectly attacking ones beliefs, not very classy in my book, lacks honor.

Very disappointed :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back