Appraisal Thread (Post Them If You Have Them)

pudge27t

Prospect
Transactions: 1
Hey folks! I was just checking out the Beckett Appraisal they have to see what they thought and actually maybe give me a better ballpark on my wheelin' and dealin'! :p
Let me know what you all think!!!
If anyone has done this also, feel free to post what you have! Thanks!:D

I was actually surprised on the first two as I had them around $150-$200 range.
Screen%20Shot%202015-02-03%20at%202.26.22%20AM_zps1p3mhazi.jpg
o03wvk4jx450.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202015-02-03%20at%202.26.06%20AM_zpsqsns5ar1.jpg

Lastly I was sorta disappointed in this one! :cautious: I really think this is in the $650-$725 range myself. :finger:
Screen%20Shot%202015-02-03%20at%202.25.43%20AM_zpsal2lfj0d.jpg

so now they charge you on a per card lookup? essentially that is what they are doing, as their 'guide' is suppose to be 'value'

in all honesty, if you collect a player/set you should know how things sell, based on either what you pay, or what you have seen others pay

I wonder what they would say if I supplied 2 cards of the same guy, just different serial numbers, and see if they put a premium on a serial number when I know there is a difference in market price - case in point, I sold a Mike Teel jersey number for $12.49 in under 3 hours via BIN, and at the same time, had 3 others at BIN/BO $3.49 that were obviously not jersey number, and they got ZERO action...

most people, well, most serious collectors could give you a realistic sell value on a card in about 10 minutes based on current listings and completed listings

Sorry Pudge but I don't put any stock into Beckett trying to rekindle that point in time when people gave 2 shits what they thought things were worth :)

Yea folks I really did it as to test to the waters and for insurance purposes really. :p
Give me a ballpark if i ever need to file a claim on my entire collection! (y)

for insurance purposes, just keep scans on-hand and what you may have paid for them if that is the concern, especially on the rare stuff, but if it is like an Exquisite RC /99 or whatever, your best bet would be eBay...I see no reason to pay them for their stupidity

Back