Football Agent says Cribbs will attend Browns minicamp

GotGibson?

Bench Warmer
Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Cribbs plans to report to the team's voluntary minicamp on Tuesday after skipping most of last week's camp in a contract protest, his agent said in a text message, according to The (Cleveland) Plain Dealer.

"Josh Cribbs will report to practice on Tuesday," agent J.R. Rickert said in the text message, according to the report. "He is making this good-faith effort to show everyone just how important this is to him. We will continue to communicate with the Browns on a regular basis and we are optimistic that there will be a fair solution."

Cribbs, who wants his contract renegotiated, attended a team meeting on Thursday after previously threatening to skip all of last week's voluntary minicamp. He released a statement to "Browns fans and the Browns" to express his discontent with the current lack of negotiations.

Cribbs has four years remaining on a six-year, $6.77 million contract.

"I want nothing more but to wear the Browns' logo on my chest until my career has come to an end, and I am deeply disappointed that the team I put my hard work, blood, sweat and tears in will just write me off as though I am collateral damage," he said in the statement released last week.

Back