Racing Tony Kanaan to Drive for JGR (Nationwide) in 2014?

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
jayski.com is reporting:

Tony Kanaan meets with JGR about NNS ride: RACER has learned that Joe Gibbs Racing has made 2013 Indianapolis 500 winner Tony Kanaan an offer to run Nationwide in 2014, with a chance to move to Sprint Cup for one of NASCAR's best operations. Kanaan was reportedly on his way to Brazil and couldn't be reached for comment and J.D. Gibbs didn't return a phone call, but a source close to the Gibbs' team revealed that T.K. had spent most of Tuesday at the Gibbs' shop in Charlotte. Kanaan has talked with Chip Ganassi about his fourth seat, Michael Andretti if free agent James Hinchcliffe departs, Bryan Herta's second car and continues to be a candidate to stay at KV Racing, where he's been the past three seasons. But, in a story on RACER.com three weeks ago, Kanaan was understandably miffed that every team he's talked to about a job needs him to bring money. "At this point in my life, if you still have to prove yourself you make have to re-think what you are doing," he said on Aug. 20. "I love open-wheel but maybe I need to look at NASCAR as an option."

UPDATE: Reports that popular Brazilian IndyCar Series driver Tony Kanaan is considering an offer to drive for Joe Gibbs Racing in the Nationwide Series in 2014 may be premature at best. Yes, the 2013 Indianapolis 500 winner visited the Joe Gibbs Racing shop in Huntersville, N.C., and met with team principals earlier this week. But according to JGR spokesperson Chris Helein, thats as far as it went. "There is no deal," Helein told the NASCAR Wire Service in an e-mail response to a request for comment. "Just had an initial meeting. Nothing even being formally discussed."

I would of never even of thought Kanaan would even think of leaving open wheel. Someone must of really pissed him off.

Back