Football 2008 Draft

Rukkus

Bench Warmer
Who do you want your team to pick and why? I am personally a HUGE college fan. I watch every game I can, from the Mich vs Ohio St to Delaware vs Navy and everything in between. As most of you know I am a Giants fan so I am praying for more defensive help preferably at Corner where I like Aqib Talib but would settle for Leodis McKelvin from Troy.

I will say this, whoever needs an RB Rashard Mendenhall should be their #1 Pick (Yes over McFadden) Mendenhall is a cross between a Light Jerome Bettis and maybe a heavier Fred Taylor. Keegan Herrill from AZ St also looks like Mendenhall but he won't be out for awhile.

Thoughts?

Just my hope for the Raiders but this

Pick #1--Either Chris Long or Darren Mcfadden--i know they resigned fargas but he is scary how he runs he is to carefree with the ball and he always gets injured one way or another.

Round #2--James Hardy--We need a receiver and wow this guy has it all except his character.

And for 2009 Oakland Raiders Get Maurcie Crum Jr!!!!!!

Kordaisdad said:
Just my hope for the Raiders but this

Pick #1--Either Chris Long or Darren Mcfadden--i know they resigned fargas but he is scary how he runs he is to carefree with the ball and he always gets injured one way or another.

Round #2--James Hardy--We need a receiver and wow this guy has it all except his character.

And for 2009 Oakland Raiders Get Maurcie Crum Jr!!!!!!
Thanks for posting!
I think the Raiders have to get rid of the ownership first and foremost. Then get a solid RB, WR and a LB. Is Porter back next year? I really feel bad for Raider fans. They pay their hard earned money for a less than stellar product that is owned by a stuborn jackass.
I would like to see the Raiders do well again. No one deserves it more than them....well maybe the Dolphins but that's a whole other post in its self.

For the Packers...

Antione Cason, the Packers have little depth at CB and Cason has incredibly strong cover skills. He is also a return threat.

If not Cason, then if Jonathon Stewart fell into their laps I would love to take him, his combo of power and speeed strikes me as being a star on the next level.

baseballidiot said:
For the Packers...

Antione Cason, the Packers have little depth at CB and Cason has incredibly strong cover skills. He is also a return threat.

If not Cason, then if Jonathon Stewart fell into their laps I would love to take him, his combo of power and speeed strikes me as being a star on the next level.
Thanks for the post!
When I look at Green Bay I'm still not sold on Ryan Grant. He was on the Giants practice squad for a while and he seem to get banged up a lot. I would look at the RB position in the first round to help out an aging Favre. You can still get a decent CB in the second round and right now I can't see a rookie starting at that position in 2008 anyway due to the very good corners you have now. Is Woodson and co. retiring within the next 2 years?

The Bills have a lot of holes to fill and I wish Sedrick Ellis or Gholston would fall to 11 or we could move up to get one of them but i dont see that happening.

I think 2nd best options be CB Jenkins from USF, WR Kelly from OK, or OLB Rivers from USC.

I love the draft though it is a fun thing to get into. I really want to see where BCs Matt Ryan goes hes going to be a star.

lebron23vick7 said:
All I know is the Falcons BETTER get a QB!
Ya they should really get a Matt Ryan type. What they really should do is give Norwood a LOT more carries. But the defense needs a much better line too.
Oh I also heard they let Crumpler go..Wow I'm glad I'm not an ATL fan.:(

i am torn at that #1 pick that my dolphins have, i really so not know if 1 player will be a fix for us, i am sort of hoping some team wants to move up and offers a bunch of picks for it. if they keep it , then any one of those top 3-4 guys would be a start down the road to rebuilding. we need a solid qb for the future and i do not think that john beck got enough playing time last season to know if he is the guy?

heath23 said:
i am torn at that #1 pick that my dolphins have, i really so not know if 1 player will be a fix for us, i am sort of hoping some team wants to move up and offers a bunch of picks for it. if they keep it , then any one of those top 3-4 guys would be a start down the road to rebuilding. we need a solid qb for the future and i do not think that john beck got enough playing time last season to know if he is the guy?
Hi Heath.

I agree with you if at all possible they should trade that pick to a team like Atlanta or Oakland. I think they really need to start on the offensive side of the ball at WR. When was the last time they had a true #1 WR? If anyone can help with the rebuilding process it's Parcells.

ddpderek said:
The Bills have a lot of holes to fill and I wish Sedrick Ellis or Gholston would fall to 11 or we could move up to get one of them but i dont see that happening.

I think 2nd best options be CB Jenkins from USF, WR Kelly from OK, or OLB Rivers from USC.

I love the draft though it is a fun thing to get into. I really want to see where BCs Matt Ryan goes hes going to be a star.
I totally agree the draft is like the Super Bowl at my house. We get pretty rowdy. it's pretty funny.

stanandgee said:
Im A Ravens Fan I Hope We Get Mcnabb If Not Brian Brohm Would Be A Good Pick
Hi Stan,

I am not sold on any Qb's coming out of Louisville (See Stefan Lefors and Chris Redman).
Baltimore should make a move for McNabb maybe trade this years first and 3rd for him..

Back