My Carolina Panthers PC

CamaroDMD

Insert Cool Title
So, a while back I decided to start a PC for my favorite team...the Carolina Panthers. I want to focus mostly on autos, GU cards and SPs but will also be tracking down older parallel cards because I want to find cards from early in team history, even of lesser players. Players I remember watching as a child. But, my plan is to avoid base.

It might seem odd that a west coast guy like myself (born, raised, and lived my whole life) would be a Carolina fan...but that's what happened. Let me explain that first. I was born in 1985 in Oregon and have lived my whole life in the state. West coast NFL football when I was a kid had it's highs and lows. The closest team was the Seahawks and they always seemed to be bad (at least that's how I remember it). The LA Rams and Chargers never interested me much. The LA Raiders were the bad guys and that left the SF 49ers as the good guys. They had Joe Montana, and I was instantly hooked. I was a huge Montana fan. Well, he got hurt and was replaced by Steve Young. When the 49ers traded Montana (probably a good call), I followed him to KC as a fan and swore off the 49ers. After two years in KC, he retired and I had nobody left to cheer for.

Fortunately for me, a new team was on the horizon. The Carolina Panthers would start their inaugural season the very next year. I realized I really liked their logo and colors (that's important to a 10 year old) and they even drafted a player I had followed in college with their first ever pick (Kerry Collins). I watched their first preseason game on national TV (Hall of Fame Game vs. Jacksonville) and I was hooked. As time went on, they seemed to constantly have former Oregon Ducks on their roster (my home town team and later my alma mater) so they have been a good fit for nearly 20 years.

A couple years ago, I returned to this hobby but I hadn't really focused on Carolina cards. Well, it was time to change that. Most of my initial cards are cards that I have had (as you will see, mostly Kerry Collins but again he was my first favorite Panther as a kid). But, there are a few more in there and I will being adding cards as I go along.

For the most part, here are my "rules" for the PC. The player pictured must be in a Panthers uniform on the card. A you will see, I do break this rule a little bit for a couple early cards...but in the mid 1990s we are so limited with our "hits" I decided that if I found a good card of a rookie player in his college uniform...as long as the card says "Carolina" on it, I can let it slide. But, such exceptions will be minimal. Other than that, I want to avoid base cards. Parallels are OK (especially for early cards), but most will be autos, GU, or SPs.

I am currently getting this collection scanned in. I will post them in groups as I get them in.

Please let me know what you think.

1994 Upper Deck Collector's Choice Silver #379 Carolina Panthers Logo Card

1994 Upper Deck Collector's Choice Gold #379 Carolina Panthers
Logo Card

1996 Collector's Edge Game Ball #G19 Kerry Collins

2006 Bowman Printing Plates Black #207 Nate Salley (1/1)

2007 UD Artifacts NFL Equipment #EQ-JD Jake Delhomme (14/15)

2005 Playoff Contenders #177 Thomas Davis

Here are a couple Kerry Collins RC autos in this collection. Not in a Panthers uniform, but they say "Carolina" on them and to get some really early players I figured I could bend my rules just slightly. Hey, it's better than base.

1995 Pro Line Autographs #210 Kerry Collins 110/3300

1995 Superior Pix Autographs #5 Kerry Collins 436/3000

Here are a few more that I have scanned:

1996 Collector's Edge Game Ball #G25 Tim Biakabutuka

1998 Upper Deck Black Diamond Quadruple #103 Kerry Collins (SP of 50)

2002 Playoff Honors Rookie Class Jerseys #RC5 Kerry Collins/Curtis Martin/Terrell Davis 37/50

2008 SP Rookie Edition Autographs #181 Jonathan Stewart 1993

Here are a few more I got scanned:

1996 Pro Line Autographs Blue #13 Kerry Collins

1997 Collector's Edge Masters Playoff Game Ball #17 Kerry Collins/Troy Aikman

2002 Private Stock Game Worn Jerseys #21 Jim Harbaugh

2006 Bowman Sterling Refractors #JP Julius Peppers (190/199)

2006 Topps All-Pro Relics #AP-JD Jake Delhomme

1995 Upper Deck Electric Gold #5 Kerry Collins

2001 Titanium Double Sided Jerseys #55 Isaac Byrd/Reggie White

2004 SP Authentic #195 Kerry Colbert (409/799)

2007 Exquisite Collection #129 Dwayne Jarrett (49/99)

Here are a couple more I just got scanned:

2007 Absolute Memorabilia Tools of the Trade Material Red Oversize #91 Keyshawn Johnson 41/50

2013 Rookies and Stars Longevity Materials Autographs Sapphire #10 Jonathan Stewart 19/25

I love this! Being from North Carolina myself, I'm a big Carolina Panthers fan. I've stuck by them through some of the worst seasons ever lol. I want your collection! :)

I love this! Being from North Carolina myself, I'm a big Carolina Panthers fan. I've stuck by them through some of the worst seasons ever lol. I want your collection! :)
Although I'm a west coast guy...I have stuck by them too all those years. 2001 was especially painful.

I have a few more to post, but it might be a few days.

Here is a few more.

I really like this first card especially because of it's connection to my home. It features Dante Rosario who played for my hometown (and my alma mater) Oregon Ducks as well as Matt Moore who was the QB of our in-state rival Oregon State Beavers.

2009 SP Signature Reflections Dual Autographs #RRM Dante Rosario/Matt Moore 33/50

2011 Panini Playbook Mammoth Materials Prime #4 Jon Beason 9/25

2013 Topps Chrome Rookie Autographs Refractors #178 Kenjon Barner 131/150

Nice! I love them. I need to get more Panthers cards...I mostly have baseball right now.
Thanks! I love baseball too...but I'm mostly into vintage. I will get around to sharing some of my nicer pieces at some point. My current big baseball project is a 1952 Topps set which I have posted here too. If you like vintage baseball you should check it out.

This is my Panthers collection as it currently sits...although I just worked out a deal for 7 more cards for this collection (a couple really sweet cards including a triple auto). I will post them when they arrive.

Oooh! I can't wait to see them! Love my Panthers! I have three jerseys but only a handful of cards.
Unfortunately, I don't have any jerseys. A couple hats, a T-shirt and a hoodie. That's it. There was a time when we used to see Jonathan Stewart Carolina jerseys for sale here all the time, but not so much any more. I always wanted one, but just couldn't bring myself to pay the high price.

I do have a hoodie as well. I love my hoodie -- it's so warm. But it's white and I've had it for a long time, so it's not as pretty as it used to be. I need to get another one for next fall.

I do have a hoodie as well. I love my hoodie -- it's so warm. But it's white and I've had it for a long time, so it's not as pretty as it used to be. I need to get another one for next fall.
I was actually hoping to make it to Charlotte for a game. this year for a game...but it's not going to happen. My business hasn't grown like I hoped it would so I don't have the extra money for the trip. We are planning on going next year.

Back