WTT: Braves cards for coins

NorthKorea

Bench Warmer
For trade:

1990 Tom Glavine set of six progression proofs from Topps Big
2012 Craig Kimbrel 1/1 Topps mini blank back

Wanted:

Coins

This trade is directed to a certain mod whom I know won't trade, but if anyone else is interested, let me know.

I actually think this is directed at me. I'm not familiar with that Tom Glavine set...but he was my favorite player. What kinds of coins are you looking for?

you were my second choice Richard... but didn't think a "Duck" would mess with Coins...
I have actually collected coins for years and have a far nicer coin collection than I do card collection. I met Peter because of CT and was a member of his staff there for several years.

I actually think this is directed at me. I'm not familiar with that Tom Glavine set...but he was my favorite player. What kinds of coins are you looking for?
I didn't think that part of it through, at all. I'll try to get some scans of the cards done, so you have a better impression of what they are.

I didn't think that part of it through, at all. I'll try to get some scans of the cards done, so you have a better impression of what they are.
OK, I have seen other "proofs" before but I really don't know what they are or know how rare they actually are.

OK, I have seen other "proofs" before but I really don't know what they are or know how rare they actually are.
Oh. These are production proofs. To my knowledge, I own the only set in existence... unless Topps lied and didn't destroy the others.

Glavine_set_9ba8b05998bea95e3985_1.jpg

These were used to verify the colors printed correctly and saturation. I honestly feel I'm missing two in the set, but these were the ones I was able to acquire from Topps. They all have "blank" backs.

This is what the standard finished card looked like. I think, looking at this, you can see why I feel I'm missing at two (Cyan+Canary and Cyan+Canary+Magenta) in the set.

$_57.JPG

NorthKorea... those are "printing plates". Not sure how the word "proof" came along. I do know that once in a while you will find Cards that actually have the words "Artist Proof" stamped on them, but have only seen that in Hockey.

NorthKorea... those are "printing plates".
They aren't printing plates. Printing plates are a mirror image of the card...these are oriented correctly. I assume he is correct, that they are printing tests to ensure the color is correct.

I have seen such things before on eBay but I had no idea what they are...I also have no idea what they are worth or how to authenticate them.

Never heard of that.. but I just realized... printing plates would only have FOUR. So, now that gives me something else to try to put together as a "oddity" in the PC.

They aren't printing plates. Printing plates are a mirror image of the card...these are oriented correctly. I assume he is correct, that they are printing tests to ensure the color is correct.

I have seen such things before on eBay but I had no idea what they are...I also have no idea what they are worth or how to authenticate them.
They're authenticated by Topps. Each has a foil sticker on the back with a serial number.

Back