Baseball Why rip your A&G RIP cards!?!?!

XisXis9

Bench Warmer
Due to the fact that so many people destroy these cards, the unripped versions are going from being #'d to 99, to 98, to 97, etc.. As each card is being destroyed(and you are getting nothing but mini base) you are making it harder to complete sets of unripped rip cards. And if you want value, an unripped RIP card #/50 is going to be worth so much more than what's inside(most likely)

**ALSO, so far there hasn't been a rip card made that you can't figure out what is inside w/o ripping it.

Everyone is always hoping for that big hit I guess........I agree that it is a shame to destroy any card.....no matter what might be inside.

i have only gotten one in my life time and i stilll have the outer schell of the card i ripped it carfully but the card inside was a dominuqe wilkins mini auto not priced due to scarcity i was pritty happy

"i have only gotten one in my life time and i stilll have the outer schell of the card i ripped it carfully but the card inside was a dominuqe wilkins mini auto not priced due to scarcity i was pritty happy"

I have quite a few of the rip cards from that set(07/08) basketball, all unripped and it makes me feel goooooooooood!! ;)

The potential for the A&G rip cards are such that it is not a huge gamble to rip the cards.... the card shell, if ripped carefully, sells in the 20-50 range depending on player and print run, and most exclusive SP minis from the rips cards sell 30-60...now add in the potential of hitting a 1/1 wood, sketch or out of 10 red auto... it almost becomes worthwhile to rip... also, more A&G completists would rather have all the exclusive sp minis than unripped cards.

Back