Basketball Who is your hero? (basketball edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ac-n-mike

Bench Warmer
Lets bypass the whole "firefighters, police, soldiers and parents etc should be heros and not sports stars", and lets go back to thinking like kids for a bit....

WHO IS YOUR HERO ? and WHY?

Not only is Michael Jordan one of the best basketball players of all time, but he is my hero. I look at Michael Jordan as my hero because of his achievements in life and his achievements in the game of basketball. He reinvented the sport of basketball with his unbelievable skills. Everything he has done in his life is an inspiration to children since he has tried harder when he has failed.

Children look up to Michael Jordan because of his success at basketball. He shows his heroic characteristics by going to schools and talking to children about continuing in school no matter what. Children look up to him since he is a famous celebrity and they listen to him about achieving in life. Michael Jordan was cut from his high school basketball team which motivated him to try harder. His life is an inspiration to his fans and others proving to them that they should try harder.

Connie Hawkins, awesome skills and a very nice man. Saw him play when he was with the Suns. Talked with him and Neal Walk, The Hawks hands are friggin' huge.

I too grew up watching Michael Jordan, he really made me want to watch basketball. The determination that he had every night was unreal, you could see from the beginning he wanted it all, he wanted to be the best he could be. He gave 110% every game, and there were never many dull moments when he was playing. Always watching, waiting for him to do something amazing!

On the court he was great & off the court he was great, big into charities, organizations to help others, etc.

When he 1st retired I was in shock and I didn't even want to watch the game anymore, I did but it was not near the same. Then him coming back and playing like he did is another great thing about him, he could play...take off time, come back and play.

You know come the end he still didn't want to let go, I mean how many hall of famers ever really do? It was just great being able to watch him throughout his career and to hear his name now still represents the NBA and being the greatest ever.

Off topic and not to do with basketball but I have no sport heros so here it goes :)

The man I always wanted to be like and never saw live was JFK. I would consider him MY HERO...
He presented my grandmother before I was born with a signed letter of honor in the wake of my gandfathers death. I display that proudly in my man cave. Once I got to a point in my life where I could understand things I read up and read up. Just can;t get enough of our history. That I can not even watch the news today and I am only 40 without throwing up

He did so much for civil rights and brought this country together in his very limited time he was president(and of course his time in the senate) and a tough time in our country. Our youth today have no idea how close were were to nuclear war way back in the day

The ultimate patriot gets a medical for the Army so says alright how bout the Navy then was in combat in WWII and took a ramming by a Japan warship

The politicians today need to take a look back at some of our past presidents republican or democrat.. If JFK was alive today I would love to hear what he would say about this environment today. He IMO could bring this country together from the left and the right.

[youtube]VB6hLg3PRbY[/youtube]

I have no heros in Basketball. But If I had to idolize one it would be Kobe.

Kobes work ethics and determination outdoes anyone in basketall today and past. He clearly drives harder to be better than everyone out there. Nothing stops him. He is a machine.

As a kid in the hills of Ky. I have met alot of older greats.I still remember having my picture taken with manute bol and I literally came to his knee caps.
With that said I never seen another guy be so great as Shaq.I met him at U.K. campus and he was just awesome,a big clown with a heart just as big.Not one of those guys that get caught up in carrying guns to a bar and shooting himself or a rape case that you have to pay your way out of.Or one of the "I dont have time to talk to little people" guys.That,to me,puts him and most of the older guys in a class of their own.

So my Sports hero is Shaquille Rashaun O'Neal.

I live near the beach in lower NC. Shaq came by this bar we have close by. little place nothing special. The lady that owns the place has a big photo of him and her on the wall. he was almost to the ceiling, but yea real nice down to earth guy. I admire Muhammad Ali alot. All the small guys that played basketball, Muggsy Bogues, Allen Iverson, Spud Webb. These guys made it and did it good in a tall mans game!!
mugsy-bogues.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back