Football Where do you guys have Harrison on your list of all time recievers?

Rice right now is heads and shoulders above #2 . If you want to say Harrison #2 thats fine im not into the who's in the top 10 of this and that but you would bump him up after a Sb ring that he might not get or might not even reach when Rice wrote the records books and has 3 sb rings and a loss . I dont understand your logic here maybe you think he will reach Rice's stats, I doubt that . Explain your logic.

If he plays for more then a few more years and with the training he does in teh off season and his conditioning he should, he can catch up to rices reception record to start. he had the most receptions in one year a few years back. He has 1009 all time in receptions. (only fifth reciever to do so.) Has 0ver 100+ career TD's He and Manning have hooked up for more then any other qb reciever combo. Hes had 8 straight years with 1000+ yards. Plus he can still add to all of those numbers and if the Colts compete every year he may have a shot at a Super Bowl ring. My top 3 looks like this right now
Jerry Rice
Marvin Harrison
Cris Carter
Harrison still has enough years left to put up big numbers and hes playing with Peyton Manning and a reciever to fear on the other side in Reggie Wayne.

Rice is easily #1 Harrison will have to play about another 6-7 years maybe more to have as many receptions as him.

i would reank Harrison as 2 or maybe 3 on the best recievers

Only 4 have reached 1000 , Rice -Carter - Brown - Harrison . The 5th is only in your head :D . If you wanna use the QB-Wr combo argument remember Montana left midway through Rice's career and is what 2nd or 3rd with Young 80 something . You use Harrison receptions of 1009 well Rice has 1549 thats a big lead. Rice has the 5th most in a season with 122 not too shabby. You say 100+ for Harrison well Rice has 200+ total tds only player to do so and is 32 above Emmitt . For Recieving tds 197 leads 2nd place Chris Carter by 67 . You use 8 straight yrs of 1000 well Rice had 11 and also has the record for a season with 1848 and Recieving tds with 22 in a season . First to reach 20000+ recieving yards and finished with 22985 . 2nd has 14934 , a 8051 gap.

he will never beat rice is receptions rice is the man my dad a 49ers fan and a colts fan cause he likes watching manning call the plays at the line but marvin will never touch rice in stats.

a few more years of the stats hes putting up and hes got the reception record. The rest would be pretty tough to get though i think he can do it.

Harrison is 34 . 5 years max for him I would say . He's 540 behind Rice now , thats a average of 108 a season . Think about that and you will relize how impossible that is because theres no way he will keep that level of productivty(<< yeah not even close to the spelling but you get the point) . Even if he stretched it out to 6 more thats 90 and thats asking alot for a WR thats closing out his career.

Back