When you watch football and basketball....

CardsforLife

Bench Warmer
do you prefer to see games that are high scoring with less defense, or do you like games that are on the lower end of scoring with a lot of defense.

I'm not really a basketball fan...so I'm only really only talking about football with my answer. However, I like both as long as they are good well played games. Last night's Steelers/Bengals game for example I didn't enjoy that much. Although it was a close and exciting game...for me it was ruined by the poor discipline displayed by both teams.

I think that it really depends on who is playing. I tend to like the bigger star players rather than teams, so when the players of note are on defense I like to see them more and if they are offensive players then I like them to score more. When it comes to in general though, I do like the higher scoring games.

I don't mind catching one or two high scoring games a year when it comes to basketball and football. But I'd much rather see some kind of defense so it will determine a clear winner instead of things coming down to a final play or possession... or teams just giving up in and letting them run up the score in say a 56-34 football game or a 132-118 basketball game.

I love all sports, but basketball is definitely my favorite. I really don't care if the game is high or low scoring, but I'd rather see a close game than a complete blowout. Those games are boring to watch and you kind of see the losing team start to really get dejected after awhile. Especially when the score difference becomes almost insurmountable.

I personally enjoy football the most. And I'll tell you why, because it's not what you think. Football games are usually watched/played on Sunday afternoons. (I know I'm getting sidetracked, but WHY are they played on Sunday afternoons? Don't those guys get paid good money? Why aren't they working Monday through Friday?--I'm just saying.)

Anyway, back to my original track: after a nice filling lunch, when I sit down in my recliner, or better yet, on the couch, listening to the drone of the neighbor's lawn mower or whatever that infernal machine is that's buzzing, and I turn on the football game, I cozy up and drift off into the best nap of my life.

Yes, you got it. The roar of the crowd is white noise for me. It puts me into a deep refreshing sleep. I just love football.

Back