Basketball Whats up with the Spurs? I thought they were suppose to be as good as LA?

mvpjordan23

Bench Warmer
I knew of ALOT of people who stated the Spurs were in the same league as LA. I dis agreed and said Manu's always hurt(and not the same player) and there getting to old. Parker is young and still a stud but there not the team they use to be. Do you think they ll improve or do you think they ll be average and be a 5 6 7 or 8 seed? I say a 5 or 6 seed in the West with a first round exit, just as I stated at the beginning of the year. I am mainly just curious if any of these people who thought they were going to be so good have changed there mind. I am not saying there a bad team, I think they are good with alot of talent but they arent one of the Elite(top 3) teams anymore in the West.

yeah i never understood the hype they had going into the year and when your getting old and facing the nuggets expect a loss

meloman315 said:
yeah i never understood the hype they had going into the year and when your getting old and facing the nuggets expect a loss

They aren't "old", they have a lot of good young players, especially Hill and Blair. Injuries have slowed their start, wait until they're all finally healthy and start to gel. Besides, if the T-Wolves can beat the Nuggets, that doesn't sound like such a hard task :rolleyes:

hector- Doesnt seem like a tough task huh? How come Nuggets just won in SA last night. Blair and Hill arent going to get them to the level of the Nuggets and Lakers. I cant wait until they get "healthy" quote unquote. I believe everyone played last night, then I wanta know what everyones excuse is.

Bibbyfanatic said:
hector- Doesnt seem like a tough task huh? How come Nuggets just won in SA last night. Blair and Hill arent going to get them to the level of the Nuggets and Lakers. I cant wait until they get "healthy" quote unquote. I believe everyone played last night, then I wanta know what everyones excuse is.
BAM!

SA will bounce back. They are a very well experienced team. I think they are better than the nuggets. The nuggets are play good ball as well. Come playoff time, SA will show up in my opinion. But the lakers are the team to beat!

Spurs have one big edge over everyone in the West minus LA,they're not full of knuckleheads who will lose their cool and blow a game for them

Think the Spurs truly care about basketball in December? All they need to worry about is finishing top 4 and getting home court in at least round 1. They're vets who know how to win,and what it takes to win.

I dont believe that they had home court last year with the 3 seed and got pounded by Dallas. Same things gunna happen this year just wait and see come playoff time( if they make it). Nuggets are better, I know no one out there wants to admit it but the Nuggets are the better team and they ll prove that. In my opinion they already have the last year but they ll do it again this year only time will tell. The Spurs are done and washed up.

HiEnd said:
Spurs have one big edge over everyone in the West minus LA,they're not full of knuckleheads who will lose their cool and blow a game for them

Think the Spurs truly care about basketball in December? All they need to worry about is finishing top 4 and getting home court in at least round 1. They're vets who know how to win,and what it takes to win.
Exactly..^...talk all the noise you want to right now, at the end of the year, they will be climbing up LA's buttcrack for the West..That is veteran team with true professionals, so you can go to sleep on them right now, but when you wake up they will be standing over your bed....:D

Yea we ll see I am sure you said the same thing last year and what happened they got beat 4-1 to the 6th seed. Will see tho. Your "sleepin" on the Nuggets just wait til the end of the year its gunna be Den VS LA for the West Conference Crown. I "GUARANTEE" THAT!!!

Whose been injured lately? If I recall Manu Parker Duncan Jefferson Bonner Hill Blair Finley Mason Jr and Mcdyess have all played. I just dont see how everyone thinks they are going to make it to the West Finlas and give LA a run for there money when they arent even better than Denver. I actually believe ALOT of teams are better than them. I guess we ll just see when the playoffs get here I am sure there will be some other kind of excuse when they arent winning thats how it always is with them and Cleveland.

Bibbyfanatic said:
Whose been injured lately? If I recall Manu Parker Duncan Jefferson Bonner Hill Blair Finley Mason Jr and Mcdyess have all played. I just dont see how everyone thinks they are going to make it to the West Finlas and give LA a run for there money when they arent even better than Denver. I actually believe ALOT of teams are better than them. I guess we ll just see when the playoffs get here I am sure there will be some other kind of excuse when they arent winning thats how it always is with them and Cleveland.
Just like last year when the Lakers were making excuses for the Rockets taking them to 7 games...Kobe's finger..The Cat Died...I Had a Flat...Only difference in that series was home court...we will see where the Spurs are at the end of the season, but if i had to bet right now, my money would be on the grown-ups.

Back