What Is Your Greatest Collecting Accomplishment?

CamaroDMD

Insert Cool Title
We all have goals and projects. I'm sure we all also have that one big one that we are especially proud of...so I'd to know, what yours?

Mine is a football set I completed several months back. It took me about 3 years to finish it and for a while, I wasn't sure if I ever would get it done.

That set is the 1994 UD Collector's Choice Gold parallel set. The set contains 384 cards and each was a 1:35 inserted parallel. In a set that was massively produced (as they were in those days)...that equated to about 1 gold per box. As a kid, this was one of my favorite sets and I think I only ever found 1 gold.

A few years back I thought it would be a fun project to tackle the gold set. It took a long time, but I finished it...and I love it!

I would have to say that my greatest collecting accomplishment has nothing to do with any of my PC items, but has everything to do with helping my son (who was around 9 or 10) work on his Roberto Clemente collection. He had learned about Clemente (baseball and humanitarian) while in school and was hooked. He is now 31 and has several rookie cards, cards from his early years, autographs and memorabilia of all sorts... to include an autographed baseball bat.

I don't know if it was my greatest accomplishment, but it was certainly my most enjoyable one.

About 10 years ago I sorted and cataloged 100,000 New York football Giants cards. The collection spans the years 1948 to 2005 and contains many duplicates. Gathering all those generations of Giants together in one place was a lot of fun for me. It was primarily gathered from one of my many e-bay buying binges.

I organized the by year and by manufacturer in excel with a annual Beckett price guide as my reference. It had a high book value of $30,000.00 at the time, so I figure I could get $300.00 easy if I every had to sell it.:cigar:

Back