What is this card?

Merchant

Bench Warmer
My father gave me around 1000 sports cards. This card was in the bottom of one of the card boxes. I know it is a collectors Edge 1995 troy aikman card but I don't know why it is black and white and completely see through.20230331_124124_HDR.jpg

@Merchant Welcome to SCC! Great to have you here, the best community anywhere online!!

I have never seen that card but it is AWESOME! I wonder if it is a printing plate? Definitely looks like a photo negative, the see through quality is cool too!

Cheers!

Kevin

@Merchant Welcome to SCC! Great to have you here, the best community anywhere online!!

I have never seen that card but it is AWESOME! I wonder if it is a printing plate? Definitely looks like a photo negative, the see through quality is cool too!

Cheers!

Kevin
Thank you all that I have found so far is that it may be a lithograph

This forum looked like the best I could find. I know nothing about sports cards and I have around 1000 or so of late 80s to early 90 football and baseball cards. The ppl on this forum seem to know what they are talking about. I appreciate anyones opinion on this matter thank you all.

@Merchant

So there are a TON of 95 Collectors Edge Troy Aikman cards, which is not surprising at all, since he was hot and winning Super Bowls in the 90s! Of all those cards, there are two printing plates that are listed as 1/1 (maybe 2/2??) On further inspection, there are differences between those two and yours......Both of those cards have rounded corners and are not transparent like yours is, so yours is definitely different!

I would guess yours is probably a true 1/1, making it very rare, as if it is, its the only one ever made and released!

Thank you very much. I may have just found my new hobby.
@Merchant

Well then WELCOME!! So very glad you chose us here at SCC to be your "hobby home base!"

I have been collecting cards on and off (mostly on!!) since 1985, and collecting autographs through the mail and in person since 1992. It is a fun and enjoyable hobby and I have met some good friends as a result!

Cheers!

Kevin

So doing a little more digging with the great and powerful genie that is google I have come to a positive conclusion on what this card is. It is a type of printing plate but it's is a photolithographic plate putting this film to a photosensitive paper and uv light it prints it to the card, how it's done I have no clue but I have come to the other conclusion it is 1/1.

So doing a little more digging with the great and powerful genie that is google I have come to a positive conclusion on what this card is. It is a type of printing plate but it's is a photolithographic plate putting this film to a photosensitive paper and uv light it prints it to the card, how it's done I have no clue but I have come to the other conclusion it is 1/1.
@Merchant

That is SWEET!! I am excited to find out what its worth!!

I know a lot of stuff got in the market after they went belly up them and fleer they would just sell off groups of stuff in auctions to recoup money owned I remember a ton of fleer replacement cards that was used to replace damaged cards fLund its way in the market when the cards serial number would be was blank to stamp at a later date

Here’s a prime example there’s tons on eBay missing serial numbers simply cause the numbers were left of to be stamped as a replacement for your damaged card

Attachments

• 99BF28A5-1EB9-4513-8CEE-9A782FB2669A.png
    99BF28A5-1EB9-4513-8CEE-9A782FB2669A.png
    500.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 2F40E6F0-895A-43DF-89D1-03B0DD3C0D33.png
    2F40E6F0-895A-43DF-89D1-03B0DD3C0D33.png
    539 KB · Views: 4
Back