Basketball What 2 teams will make it to the finals?

jhncn0204 said:
Andy- You think Celtics are that good this year?

Definitely.

But if the Magic can play like they did in that second half against the Hawks, it will be close between them and the Celtics for Eastern Conference champs.

TOTTALY forgot Phoniex on my list, right now there one of if not the favorite in the west, but anyone who picks Cleveland right now is nuts!!! They lost t the Bobcats and at points were down by 15+. BLOWOUT!!! Cleveland right now looks like a 4-5-6 seed not the number 1-2 we expected.....

Glen- Ya the Suns have a very good chance of going all of the way for the west and honestly dont be suprised if the team for the east is not Magic, Celtics or Cavs

Hickson and Moon arent going to be as good against the better teams and on the road. If just one of them would have had a decent game tonight they would have won against an average team ;-). They need another player to make it to the finals and they need a couple players to win it all. I think they ll exit in the 2nd round. And as for the Lakers going and choking didnt they win last year? Pretty sure if everyone stays healthy I ll bet any amount of money they win it all again. We ll see tho!

Bibby- Ya they won last year but thats last year they wont even make it to the finals this year wow the faced the Magic. Which doesnt have anyone to guard Kobe because you know Lewis couldnt do it. I would be suprised if the Cavs made it to the finals but mark my word Lakers wont go back it will prob be the Suns.

lol I guarentee the Suns will not be in the Finals. Lakers pounded them already without Gasol lol If the Lakers do not make it it will be the Nuggets but I am willing to bet any kind of money the Lakers will win again rather if you like them or not only time will tell. As for you stating WOW they faced the Magic. So what the Cavs should have been swept by the Magic, that wasnt even a series,so what are you saying? Its also a FACT that the Cavs wont make it this year. There OVERRATED every year just because they have Lebron doesnt mean there gunna win every year, I wish people would face reality and realize that ;-)

Bibby- You say the Cavs are overrated but what about the Lakers what cuz they have the biggest ball hog in the NBA Kobe I mean seriously who has 81 points 2 assists that just shows how much of a team player he is. It wont be the Cavs, Celtics or Magic watch it will be the Hawks and either portland or dallas.

phiilly- I would love to see it but I dont think the Cavs will go to the finals.

jhncn0204 said:
Bibby- You say the Cavs are overrated but what about the Lakers what cuz they have the biggest ball hog in the NBA Kobe I mean seriously who has 81 points 2 assists that just shows how much of a team player he is.

That was 3 years ago dude. Look at the Lakers team at the time:

Kobe
Odom
Kwame Brown
Smush Parker
Chris Mihm

With George, Vujacic, Walton & Cook off the bench. Bynum was a rookie.

No wonder he hogged the ball. :rolleyes:

With the current Lakers team, I wouldn't be suprised if they make the finals, but then again, I wouldn't be suprised if they don't, every top team in the West has gained more talent.

He scored 81 because he had too and because he can. Lebron will never score that many, he ll be lucky to score 60 because he doesnt have the shot Kobe does. Yea your right it took um 4 games to beat the Rockets without TMAC but it doesnt matter if it was 4-0 or 4-3 they won and they won the title ;-). If I recall Kobe got Finals MVP Honors last year averaging 30 5 and 5 them are pretty all around numbers in my opinion NOT TO MENTION the fact he guarded the good players unlike Lebron who has to guard all the weak players. There are all kinds of Laker Haters out there thats why alot of people pick other teams, me myself Id love to see the Hawks make it the Bulls are my favorite team of all time and the Hawks and Nuggets are 2 and 3, the Lakers are probably my 4th but regardless they have all the talent and them some. We ll see what happens only time will tell but mark my word if everyone stays healthy they ll be there again, Kobe wont be denied.

Andy- That doesnt matter who you have on the team I mean them players you just listed is not that bad of a team

Bibby- He didnt have to score 81 points he could have shared the ball. Ya Lebron wont score that many because he shares the ball. I was talking about them losing to the Rockets this year without TMAC and Ming. They face the same players. I am not a Laker hater Lakers are prob in my top 5 favorite teams. I think the Hawks have a good chance of going all the way they are playing like a championship team. If Kobe has a better shot then why does he have a worse FG%. Here is both Kobe and Lebron stats for this season you honestly tell me who is being the better ALL AROUND player

Kobe- PPG 29.5 RPG 5.3 APG 3.8 SPG 2.3 BPG 0.2 FG% 0.483 FT% 0.861 3P% 0.200 MPG 37.5

Lebron- PPG 29.4 RPG 6.8 APG 7.8 SPG 1.4 BPG 0.7 FG% 0.525 FT% 0.786 3P% 0.356 MPG 38.0

Back