Football Wes Welker done!

HiEnd

Bench Warmer
ESPN's Adam Schefter and the Boston Globe both report that Wes Welker has been diagnosed with a torn ACL and MCL.

It's the same injury that knocked Tom Brady out for the season in 2008. Unfortunately, Welker won't get the same 16-week head start to rehab. Barring a borderline miraculous recovery, Welker will be a strong candidate to begin next year on the PUP list, which would keep him out until Week 7. Julian Edelman will be the Pats' primary slot receiver in the postseason, and most likely keep the job through the start of 2010. Jan. 3 - 6:37 pm et

from what i saw today, the Adleman kid is a more than just a backup. He has even better quicks than Welker. I don't think they are going to loose anything at that position, except for maybe a little experience.

Edelman has skills and will be good eventually but he is no Welker. I Don't have a lot of faith in the Pats without him...

Hey Dakota Great to see another Pats Fan from Massachsuetts and My area Cant wait for next weekend To Bad on wes Welker Julian will be Just fine.

Tough loss Welker is arguably the best route runner in the game, and pretty much there clutch go to guy on 3rd down. Someone will definitely need to step up in his place or all is lost for them.

welker

dakota343 said:
Edelman has skills and will be good eventually but he is no Welker. I Don't have a lot of faith in the Pats without him...
I have a contenders RC, whats the romo auto?

Edelman looks good I agree, but the experience Welker has along with the quickness of his cuts make him miles ahead right now. Gotta hope Edelman, Moss, Faulk, Watson can hold while Maroney, Taylor, and Morris run. Ravens will be a tough matchup.

Brady is definitely not his normal awesome* self. Still better than average but I think the ribs are starting to affect him. I guess he can't do further damage to them by playing though.

* Must remind all I am a Brady guy LOL. He sucks, his card values are plummeting and you should send his cards to my addy free shipping :)

Cant wait for the Game on Sunday I will be here to see if we have Any **** talkers after the Final SCORE I am feeling Great about This game and the Best THING Bring on the SNOW.........................................

Back