UD loses FB license

scotsman

Bench Warmer
Strong rumours today that UD is out of FB having not paid the relevant fees. Going to miss the SPAs:( Could Topps be back?? If not Panini would really have to up it's game.

God, that would really suck if thats true.
it could be a good thing.....with the time off, UD could send out all those unfulfilled redemptions.

UD seems to be in some big money trouble. If they cut them loose, hopefully they take Topps back. Competition is a good thing and Topps makes some nice products.

UD has also lost the exclusive for hockey. Panini has been granted a license for 2010-11. I'm ticked ITG was not allowed in but I am glad to see competition. I am curious how Panini intends to get around so many exclusive contracts with hockey players that UD holds though.

I hope Upper Deck doesnt lose the license. As much as I hate the customer service at UD. I love the look of their high end products every year. As much as I like Nation Treasures, I always feel like something about them is missing.

I posted this on facebook on UD's page they took it down but 2 other people posted it 1 reply from UD saying they know of no changes .

Topps (minus that box party weirdo) > UD

And it would suck not having competition, Panini is just using the same rehashed photoshop designs for all their products. They've lost any credibility for brand recognition, you can't tell one set from another without looking at the name.

other than sp authentic and exquisite, I prefer topps products WAY more than upper decks......topps chrome is the best set to me year in and year out, and the most fun to put together!!!

Back