Transaction Manager 2.1

Mike

TP9 | VC15
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Today we installed the next upgrade of our Transaction Manager. There weren't a ton of changes made to this version, but at least one of those changes is fairly significant.

Here is a list of the biggest changes you're likely to notice in this new version:

• The first, and biggest change in this version is that we have moved away from a feedback system, into a rating system. First of all, the rating system makes things easier on the members. Gone are the days of having to type out a comment with your feedback. Simply click the appropriate number of stars, and submit the ratings. Additionally, ratings will give a better picture of what kind of trader you could be dealing with because ratings are given based on several different criteria, depending on the type of transaction.
  • Members will now no longer be able to see how individual members rate them. This is to encourage members to leave honest ratings. While we do want members to reach out to one another to try to work things out when there are issues, it's still important that we get the most accurate ratings we can.
  • We've added a note section for each of your transactions. This note section is in the sidebar if you're on a wider screen, and will be at the bottom of the page if you're on a narrow device, such as a phone. These notes are for your eyes only. Nobody, including moderators, will be able to see these notes.
  • You'll now notice a couple icons next to each of your transactions on your main transactions page. These icons will represent your actions in the transaction. The first icon will show whether or not you have marked your end either payed, or shipped. The second icon will represent whether or not you have marked the transaction as complete. If you see two orange icons, that means there is nothing left for you to do and you're just waiting on your transaction partner to finish up. If either of the icons is gray, however, that means we're still waiting on you to either mark the transaction as sent, or complete it.
  • Members will now get a single point for each transaction, which are called "trader points". This simply shows how many transactions the member has completed and will be shown next to all of their posts, and in their profile. Once a member has 20 trader points, their rating will start to show along with their points. Please note that in order to get off of MSF, members still only need to complete a total of 15 trades. The 20 points simply determines whether, or not, your rating will be displayed.
  • You will now also be able to see all of your total points and rating details, including overall rating and individual ratings, at the main transactions page. As with everywhere else, though, your rating details will only show up after you've gotten at least 20 points (completed 20 transactions).

As always, please let a staff member know if you notice any issues so we can work to get them fixed as quickly as possible.

The Transaction Manager was just updated to the latest version. There weren't a lot of big changes in this version. Mostly just some little changes and bug fixes.

Most notably, because of a suggestion by @jaxbraves, there are a few changes to the print view for transactions. The site logo has been removed. I've also condensed the transaction title and transaction number into a single line. Also, because I'm not sure it's relevant for printing, I removed the transaction creation date. Hopefully now, simple transactions, with only a few items, won't need more than a single piece of paper to print.

I've also applied a more permanent fix to a bug reported by @zlw1 where the complete/cancel button bar was missing in some cases. The permanent fix isn't the same as the temporary fix I applied, so please let me know if there are still issues there. Hopefully, though, everything is worked out.

There were also a handful of other little tweaks here and there.

As always, if any of you notice any issues, or would like to see changes made, please let us know. I can't guarantee they'll all be implemented by I can personally guarantee that each and every suggestion will at least be considered.

The Transaction Manager was just updated to the latest version. There weren't a lot of big changes in this version. Mostly just some little changes and bug fixes.

Most notably, because of a suggestion by @jaxbraves, there are a few changes to the print view for transactions. The site logo has been removed. I've also condensed the transaction title and transaction number into a single line. Also, because I'm not sure it's relevant for printing, I removed the transaction creation date. Hopefully now, simple transactions, with only a few items, won't need more than a single piece of paper to print.

I've also applied a more permanent fix to a bug reported by @zlw1 where the complete/cancel button bar was missing in some cases. The permanent fix isn't the same as the temporary fix I applied, so please let me know if there are still issues there. Hopefully, though, everything is worked out.

There were also a handful of other little tweaks here and there.

As always, if any of you notice any issues, or would like to see changes made, please let us know. I can't guarantee they'll all be implemented by I can personally guarantee that each and every suggestion will at least be considered.
MIke the print page looks real good...thanks.

Rich

It was brought to my attention today that there was a bug that wouldn't allow freebie transactions to be successfully completed. I've just applied an update that will, hopefully, fix that bug. As always, please let one of the staff members know if you notice any issues so we can get them fixed as quickly as possible.

Back