Trading: Where do you get it done?

Mike

TP9 | VC15
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
There are a lot of forums out there for members to use. Some members are consistent, only hanging out on one. Some members have 1 "main" forum, where they do all their chatting and only use the others for trading. Other members are equally active on all the forums they're on. Then there are those who trade on YouTube or Breakers.TV.

My question is, where do you trade? Are there other places that our members might not know about?

I'm one of those who stay loyal to specific forums. I have branched out and registered on other sites, but there are only 2 that I visit on a regular basis. Those are TCZ, of course, and TCC. I'd say 99% of all my trade activity is done at one of those 2 sites. I've also made a fair amount of trades on Breakers.TV (well, VaughnLive anyways).

What about y'all?

I'm basically the same have traded on many sites, but tend to stick Here and on TCC. I have also made a few trades in the blogeverse. Either by getting a trade started by leaving a comment on someone's trade blog and eventually email, or by responding to someone who visited mine (or emailed me via my blog). I actually have two card blogs: There should be links to them in my signature. If not here is my regular blog and my curly w blog. Oh and I did make one trade on Zistle.com

I haven't traded in ages... Last six months Ive done alot of buying on COMC and ebay... I think in the last year I've made 1 trade and that was on SCF...

Not because of lack of trading partners. My collection is mostly player and set specific and I just don't have the time to trade for the heck of it like I use too. I don't even pick up trade bait anymore. :( I just don't have the time like I use too...

I remember having over 10 trades going at a time every few days on TCC years ago.

Yeah, I used to be able to get trades done a lot faster than I'm able to now. I think shipping costs has a lot to do with that. A lot of people don't want to trade lower end cards anymore because sometimes it costs more to ship the card than what it's worth.

I don't do a whole lot of trading, but it is generally here or on TCC. But the majority of my trading comes with @Batman1641 , it seems like we are always pulling something that the other wants and never anything for ourselves.

I do lots of trading on here. I also just got into the YouTube community because one of the guys from my LCS told me I should. Honestly I do like the YouTube community a ton! There are some really awesome people on there.

I do lots of trading on here. I also just got into the YouTube community because one of the guys from my LCS told me I should. Honestly I do like the YouTube community a ton! There are some really awesome people on there.

How does that work? You just post videos of what you have and people comment on what they want? Another question would be how do you make sure that all the traders on there watch your videos? Most of the videos I post never get over 100, or so, views.

How does that work? You just post videos of what you have and people comment on what they want? Another question would be how do you make sure that all the traders on there watch your videos? Most of the videos I post never get over 100, or so, views.
Yeah what I do is I do a weekly recap video almost every week and it shows off what I had gotten in that week whether it be mail days, box breaks, trades, and so on an so forth. In my videos I just tell people to pm me or comment if they see a card they could use for their collection. Honestly I don't get very many views since I only have 14 subscribers. But if I get a card and it is of someone that one of my buddies could use then I wait a few days to see if they watch the video and comment on it and if they don't then I send them a pm with the link to the video to check it out.

Yeah what I do is I do a weekly recap video almost every week and it shows off what I had gotten in that week whether it be mail days, box breaks, trades, and so on an so forth. In my videos I just tell people to pm me or comment if they see a card they could use for their collection. Honestly I don't get very many views since I only have 14 subscribers. But if I get a card and it is of someone that one of my buddies could use then I wait a few days to see if they watch the video and comment on it and if they don't then I send them a pm with the link to the video to check it out.

Maybe I should start looking into doing that

It's actually not a bad idea at all, @scottyb13. My only concern would be, how many people are you reaching with these videos? What if you started spreading the word to other YouTubers that they could post their videos directly into our forums, in our trade area? Then you'd have YouTube viewers as well as TCZ viewers, which could increase the amount of people seeing your cards and, ultimately, increase the odds that someone wants what you're looking for. ;)

It's actually not a bad idea at all, @scottyb13. My only concern would be, how many people are you reaching with these videos? What if you started spreading the word to other YouTubers that they could post their videos directly into our forums, in our trade area? Then you'd have YouTube viewers as well as TCZ viewers, which could increase the amount of people seeing your cards and, ultimately, increase the odds that someone wants what you're looking for. ;)
I like more views! I think you are using me for free advertising ;) haha I will plug this site for sure on my next video I make hopefully tomorrow.

Thats actually a great idea @Mike , more traffic through here and people will more than likely stick around after seeing the site for themselves

Back