Football Topps Rookie Premier Autos - Drew Stanton

iluvfish2

Bench Warmer
I'd be very happy to see a Drew Stanton or two pop up in this thread, but given I can't find any others on ebay, naxcom, COMC...I'm trying the good o'l WWW Help Line...if you have one, please post it.

Below you'll see two copies. The one on the right (no tape on case) is mine - pack pulled and authentic...the one on the left...just arrived (sellers only negative history is slow shipping so my thoughts are maybe he got a bad copy and moved it onto me). In my mind I think its legit, but of course any extra confirmation I can get would settle my mind.

Sticker numbers aren't close, but then again thank you Topps for not even cataloging your numbers as an easy means of verification (good one # 6718297, Questionable # 6891314). Anyone have multiple RPA that might be able to verifiy they could be this far off? A Paul Williams on COMC is SN 6719169...much closer to mine.

My auto is off set, this one is straight on, and then there is the issue of the "S" and the double squiggle on the last T. But the one I found on photobucket is straight.

I've seen some with a space between the S and the T and between what i'm guessing is 50 and 100 Stanton autos that I've got in my posession, its close enough this could be legit. The ink looks to be the same (red sharpie) and card is legit (but we all know about lots of unsigned cards have left Topps). Knowing this is an oncard auto...a player can quickly make a mistake and have to live with it otherwise you end up with a scribbly messy card and most players wont do that....and starting with 07, I think hand cramps were common :)

Did find this one online (photobucket)..and its much similar to mine

ToppsRookiePremierAuto.jpg

I agree...which is why I asked...problem finding other copies of the RPS Autos can be hard...heres another dozen or so examples where the S just doesnt compare

It was bought from clayton160 (3600+) with not many high end things and/or rare patches and feedback is fine (the slow shipping is so true though)...guess I'll get the enjoyment of requesting a refund.

I don't think the left PS is a fake.....

compare the sig to the sig on your TPH, the are very similar.

Most of the other autos you have are not offset.

The 2 t's in his last name are all similar, but none look to be extremely consistant, so I don't see any issue there.

Overall, I say it looks great!

And you are one of the people they pray on with the fake autos. It is absolutely a fake because the auto on the right looks the exact same as almost every other Stanton auto he posted. Send it in to a authenticator and 99.9% will be sent back as fraudulent.

arod812 said:
And you are one of the people they pray on with the fake autos. It is absolutely a fake because the auto on the right looks the exact same as almost every other Stanton auto he posted. Send it in to a authenticator and 99.9% will be sent back as fraudulent.

you can think whatever you want.......it's not going to affect me in any way.

I've been around long enough and done enough research to make educated purchases. If I was in the market for Stanton PS Auto, I wouldn't hesitate purchasing it.

OP - you could always put it up on Ebay (with a rediculous BIN...ie $10,000 so no one would purchase it) and get a quick opinion from PSA. PSA/DNA QuickOpinion(TM)

Back