Topps Comes Through

horfin

Veteran
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
I have had a lot of negative opinions of Tops and a lot of disappointment. And I do read a lot on-line about Topps not having the best customer care. I did want to share a positive interaction with Topps:

Most of you know I am trying to collect a Master set of all Bowman's Best Baseball (numbered above 25) so as a result I buy a lot of older boxes. The downfall to this is you get expired redemption cards. Well...

I had purchased a box of 2015 Bowman's Best and we (my son and I) had received a redemption card of Francisco Lindor Hi-Def Heritage AUTOGRAPH. Obviously this had expired (I think December of 2016). I sent the card into Topps in August of 2022 anyway, I told them about my sons' and my goal of trying to obtain every Bowman's Best card made. I received a letter from Topps on Saturday. The provided the following:

1 Pack of 2020 Heritage (9 cards BV received: $8.50)
2 Packs of 2020 Opening Day (13 cards BV received: $12.50)
2016 Bowman Chrome Greene AUTO #61/99 Austin Gomber ($30)
2015 Bowman Future Games Relic Henry Owens (#'d 25) ($25)

So the Lindor was worth $200, they sent me $75 in replacement book value. While this is not an even trade and you'd think they'd know it, I have to tell you I am very Happy as I did not expect them to send anything. On a side note, you would think with my cover letter explaining that we are trying to get all Bowman's Best cards and the fact that I sent in a Bowman's Best redemption, they'd send some kind of Bowman's Best stuff back. I'm not complaining, and I am in fact, VERY HAPPY, but you'd think they'd send something along the Bowman's Best line.

Anyway, kudos to Topps for doing the right thing, THANK YOU THANK YOU Topps
Bill

Bill

Good for you. Happy for your son. A couple of years ago I pulled an expired RC Auto of Corey Seager and sent it in anyway. Told him to please send me something else if they no longer had this autograph available, since I had spent $70 on the box and this was the only hit they advertised with the box. I got nothing back.

Good for you. Happy for your son. A couple of years ago I pulled an expired RC Auto of Corey Seager and sent it in anyway. Told him to please send me something else if they no longer had this autograph available, since I had spent $70 on the box and this was the only hit they advertised with the box. I got nothing back.
Thats a bummer......I sent in a redemption maybe 5 years ago from I think 1992 Topps just to see what would happen, and I ended up with a few game used cards from players I was not familiar with!!

In the interests of full disclosure, this was the 2nd expired redemption we sent in, the first one was two years ago and we never recieved anything. This was we recieved something within 3 months. Who knows why sometimes they do something and sometimes they dont.

In the interests of full disclosure, this was the 2nd expired redemption we sent in, the first one was two years ago and we never recieved anything. This was we recieved something within 3 months. Who knows why sometimes they do something and sometimes they dont.
I think it may have to do with how much product they have on their hands, and time of year, etc. Just my best guess, it may have nothing to do with that at all!!

Back