Racing Tony Stewart UPDATE - Grand Jury

Well, I think the Civil suit won't happen cause of what they found in the toxicology reports....HE WAS SMOKING WEED! I know it stays in the body for what, 30 days, but who knows when he smoked it last.

Glad it's partially over for Tony... now if "daddy ward" will just leave well enough alone. This IS NOT O.J., so let it go... let it go!

...and it just goes to prove that the prosecuting attorney was a WIMP (!) and was afraid of making a call on this. Must be running for Mayor?

I'm glad to hear there will be no charges. Will have to wait and seen what happens on the civil lawsuit front...hopefully nothing happens there either. Accidents happen and it's a dangerous sport...especially when you get out of your car on a poorly lit track. IMHO, that alone makes Ward at least equally responsible for what happened (if not wholly).

Here's what I think will happen. The Ward family will sue Stewart. However, they will settle out of court for "an undisclosed amount" and this will then be over. I highly doubt this will make it to a civil trial. Especially with the marijuana thing (who knows how much it was and when it was used...but it still hurts the Ward case)...I just don't see it going to a civil trial. The Ward family will accept a settlement and that will be it. The majority of the civil lawsuit out there end in a settlement.

Back