Racing Tony Stewart UPDATE - Grand Jury

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
It is official.. Tony Stewart's case is going to the Grand Jury.

AOL News reports:
"Upon my review of all of the information contained in the entire investigation," Tantillo said, "I have made the determination that it would be appropriate to submit the evidence to the grand jury for their determination as to what action should be taken in this matter."

This makes me sick. Hard to believe there was evidence of wrong doing, but will have to wait until all the evidence / information is released before we know for sure.

Google any news agency... they will have more details.

Well, this means that they saw something of concern that's warrants a closer look...it doesn't mean he is innocent or guilty. Many cases go before a grand jury and they decided that a trial is not warranted. Hopefully, proper justice (whatever that may be) will ultimately prevail.

It is troubling on how this it proceeding. I really don't think proper justice will happen as the media was on a witch hunt and no matter what anyone says because if that it will effect the outcome. I do not have a warm fuzzy on this at all.

It is troubling on how this it proceeding.
I don't entirely understand what you mean. From what I have seen, those investigating this have been quite quiet and avoided the media...it has been the media that have been "speculating" but those actually investigating seem to have been quite out of the limelight. Now, finding jurors that aren't "contaminated" might be difficult (although...I think with grand juries this isn't that big of an issue). If he is indited, it might be hard to find jurors who aren't biased (thanks to the media).

I think it's going to be really hard for them to get a conviction on this. Probably just some ADA trying to make a name for themselves.

I think it's going to be really hard for them to get a conviction on this. Probably just some ADA trying to make a name for themselves.
Quite possibly. I'd be surprised if they have enough evidence to indite him...but who knows what evidence they might have. Perhaps they have other video now.

ESPNs legal advisor stated that there were three scenarios that the Prosecutor had a choice of...

1. Charge him with murder
2. Charge him with a misdemeanor
3. Send it to the Grand Jury and let them review the evidence, letting them decide what to do

...in essence, washing his hands of the investigation and letting someone else make the decision. This way the Prosecutor doesn't look like a bad guy.

And the investigators received a "new" video a few weeks ago. An enhanced film from the crime lab. NOT sure what that shows and no one has shown it, so it's being kept quiet.

Every media outlet I have seen stated Stewart has a history of anger and condemned him from day one. No matter what you think the media does influence everything. Do you honestly think that if it was another driver that did not have a a large public following or a big name that things would of been done the same? They may of kept the "investigation" quite but when the rubber is on the road will be the true outcome.

I wish I had your belief that it will be a fair trial but from my experience the judicial system is pretty flawed. From changing local legislation/ laws to allow circumstantial evidence because no physical evidence was possible to a trial in deliberation and two jurors were excused and no miss trial because the alternates can give a honest verdict from the transcripts. Look at the second trial of OJ when the judge herself said you got away with it the first time but you won’t the second time.

The bottom line is when you are famous or infamous the media coverage is out of hand and people are afraid to go against them plus they believe what is reported is 100% true. Sad thing is the same goes for fellow competitors that don’t show public support because they are to afraid of them being brought to the front of the light.

Look at the latest on the NFL garbage right now and the only thing that might give Tony a chance for a fair trial is if a bigger story is going on.

Look at how CNN reported the Grand Jury deal so unbiased:

CNN Report

Even if all the planets a line and for some reason the grand jury finds nothing to pursue against Stewart the civil suits and everything will be coming so this will go on for a long time and honestly Stewart will be left out on his own and his career will be done. I don't think it will be like Micheal Vick or others that were able to get pass everything and be able to semi bounce back.

I wish I had your belief that it will be a fair trial but from my experience the judicial system is pretty flawed. From changing local legislation/ laws to allow circumstantial evidence because no physical evidence was possible to a trial in deliberation and two jurors were excused and no miss trial because the alternates can give a honest verdict from the transcripts. Look at the second trial of OJ when the judge herself said you got away with it the first time but you won’t the second time.

The bottom line is when you are famous or infamous the media coverage is out of hand and people are afraid to go against them plus they believe what is reported is 100% true. Sad thing is the same goes for fellow competitors that don’t show public support because they are to afraid of them being brought to the front of the light.

Look at the latest on the NFL garbage right now and the only thing that might give Tony a chance for a fair trial is if a bigger story is going on.

Look at how CNN reported the Grand Jury deal so unbiased:

CNN Report

Even if all the planets a line and for some reason the grand jury finds nothing to pursue against Stewart the civil suits and everything will be coming so this will go on for a long time and honestly Stewart will be left out on his own and his career will be done. I don't think it will be like Micheal Vick or others that were able to get pass everything and be able to semi bounce back.
We will just have to see how it plays out. I am certain that no matter what, a civil suit will result...and the laws determining guilt who those are far more loose. He will almost certainly loose significant money as a result.

I just wanna state 1 thing, IF this interview was used in the case, then it should be NULL AND VOID since Mr. Friesen was not at the track when the incident occured, and was going off of hear-say information...not to mention I have seen him on 2 OCCASIONS here in PA of him jumping on another competitor's car.

Time to go Stewart Friesen bashing!

Hearsay at it's best. "My girlfriend told me..." LOL!!!!

His Tony comment: "uses their race care as a weapon" is unfair and uncalled for. The only thing that saved his butt was when he added "that's my feeling", which he stated only after the interviewer asked him if that was how the other drivers felt.

...and we have this story about Friesen, from an incident during a 2010 race, as reported on the raceny.com site (Shawnie2469 made the following comment):

TONITE AT FIVE MILE POINT I SAW SOMETHIN I NEVER THOUGHT ID SEE OUT OF STEWART FRIESEN AND THATS UNDER CAUTION COMIN THROUGH TRAFFIC N SLAMMIN A COMPETITOR NOT ONCE BUT HE DID IT TO 2 DIFFERENT DRIVERS AND NO ONE FROM FIVE MILE POINT STAFF, FLAGGER, OR PEOPLE IN TOWER DID ANYTHING TO STEWART. I HAVE SEEN ALL YR LONG IF YOU COME N SLAM A DRIVER PEOPLE BEEN BLACK FLAGGED FOR IT N BANNED FOR 2 WEEKS OR FOR A SEASON BUT WHY NOT STEWART. I SIT WITH MR PARKS WHO IS A SPONSOR N CAR OWNER AND HE HIMSELF IS VERY UPSET WITH HIS DRIVER. IF THE RULES ARE GOOD FOR ONE DRIVER THEN WHY NOT THE BEST DRIVER. IS IT THEY WANT HIM TO WIN THIS MODIFIED CUP AND WILL OVERLOOK ANYTHING HE DOES. WELL I WAS A BIG SUPPORTER TILL TONITE I KNOW OF QUITE A FEW PEOPLE WHO HAVE LOST ALL RESPECT FOR HIM. HE GOT ALOT OF WORK TO DO FOR SOME OF US TO RESPECT HIM AGAIN. AS FOR FIVE MILE POINT, LOST RESPECT WITH THE MANAGEMENT IF THEY ARENT GONNA BLACK FLAG ONE GUY BUT THEY BLACK FLAGGED OTHERS FOR DOIN SAME THING HOW IS THAT FAIR?

Okay, I guess Friesen is an expert when it comes to using the race car as a weapon.

Ya know Randy, he is probably the biggest(KIDS COVER YOUR EARS!) assbag there is on dirt. Yes he can drive a car well, and win, but he's such a dirty MOFO....and I think he hangs out with Tyler Walker ;)

For those who don't get the reference, I think he's on drugs too.

Back