Football Titans hot for Keyshawn

rynesandbergfan23

Bench Warmer
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The Tennessee Titans need an experienced receiver to help Vince Young, and said Thursday they are interested in veteran Keyshawn Johnson.

"There's mutual interest I'd say right now," coach Jeff Fisher said. "I think we'll probably look into the possibility of pursuing things. Where that goes, I can't tell you."

The Carolina Panthers released Johnson, who turns 35 in July, earlier this month after drafting Dwayne Jarrett. He had 70 catches for 815 yards and four touchdowns last season and became the 16th player in NFL history with 800 career catches.

His 70 catches for 2006 easily tops the receptions of all the receivers currently on the Titans' roster who played in the NFL last year.

"One thing I do know about Keyshawn, he's absolutely an incredible athlete and a wonderful receiver," said Titans center Kevin Mawae. who played with Johnson when both were with the Jets. " The guy works harder than most guys in this league. He plays hard and he practices hard. That's the kind of guy you need in this locker room."

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

Back