Football Time to send the Lombardi Trophy to Minnesota- Favre is a Viking.

If I was starting an NFL team for real and not through fantasy, I would pickl Steve Hutchinson before anybody in the NFL. Its like how Denver had the string of great running years from 96-02, it was the line... didnt really matter who the back was, they'd but up numbers.... with Hutchinson, you can hand it off to 90% of the runningbacks and run behind him 75% of the time and still get 1500 and 10 tds/year.

Wow that's a bold statment Lombardi huh.....I don't know about that he will make them better but I'm an Eagles fan so of course I won't agree LOL. But good stuff I'm happy for the vikes even though I think Farve is a straight Diva LOL

marinocollector said:
um.......... the vikings play in a dome...... its not like the freezing cold of New York Winter in there...... If Vikes get homefield advantage for the playoffs.... which will be easier than one would think in that division.... Then they'll be a force to reckon with... even a dead arm favre is better than tarvaris.... and sage is a better backup than clemens was...

Wait where did he play for 15+ seasons before that, oh yeah the FROZEN TUNDRA.

And the NFC north is up for grabs by 3 teams, how do you think they have won it already, some people dont know much.
BrentFarve.jpg

BrentJersey.jpg

0Braun8 said:

And the NFC north is up for grabs by 3 teams, how do you think they have won it already, some people dont know much.
Congratulations for showing that you do not know much.... one of the reasons Favre did not want to play anymore was because he couldnt take the cold like he once could, as said by Favre. Hence, the New York winter reference and no mention of the Tundra.
Also, how can one even imagine the Vikings imploding in that division.... Lets look at those 3 Teams....

The Bears?
D gets hurt all the time, Cutler's only real threat is an undersized kick returner and Forte out the backfield.... plus Cutler is a bad leader.

The Lions?
HA! The only thing they'll be grabbing is picks 1-10.

The Packers?
First Ryan Grant is going to have to learn to kick his knees up when he runs again instead of prancing like he did most of last year. Best case scenario.... Pack and Vikes split games.... Vikings have more weapons on offense and A LOT stronger D then the Pack.

So Vikes are now 5-1.... Now we go to the other games against the Browns, Niners, Rams, Ravens, Steelers, Seahawks, Cardinals, Bengals, Panthers, Giants.... Which I see a good 6 wins there.... so Vikes are 11-5.... who's gonna top that in that division? No one... Sorry.

marinocollector said:
0Braun8 said:

Congratulations for showing that you do not know much.... one of the reasons Favre did not want to play anymore was because he couldnt take the cold like he once could, as said by Favre. Hence, the New York winter reference and no mention of the Tundra.
Also, how can one even imagine the Vikings imploding in that division.... Lets look at those 3 Teams....

The Bears?
D gets hurt all the time, Cutler's only real threat is an undersized kick returner and Forte out the backfield.... plus Cutler is a bad leader.

The Lions?
HA! The only thing they'll be grabbing is picks 1-10.

The Packers?
First Ryan Grant is going to have to learn to kick his knees up when he runs again instead of prancing like he did most of last year. Best case scenario.... Pack and Vikes split games.... Vikings have more weapons on offense and A LOT stronger D then the Pack.

So Vikes are now 5-1.... Now we go to the other games against the Browns, Niners, Rams, Ravens, Steelers, Seahawks, Cardinals, Bengals, Panthers, Giants.... Which I see a good 6 wins there.... so Vikes are 11-5.... who's gonna top that in that division? No one... Sorry.

Grant will have a good year, we also have Jackson and Sutton is looking good.

More weapons on offense, I wouldnt go there. We obv. have better receivers and a better QB, they depend to much on AP.

And ALOT better defense? Line, yes. Linebackers? No way. Secondary? No way.

Doesnt look like a run away to me.

Tarkenton calls Favre scene 'absolute circus'

Fran Tarkenton, who previously has expressed his loathing over Brett Favre's inability to make a decision, spoke out again Wednesday, a day after Favre decided to sign with the Minnesota Vikings.

"I really have no interest in what Brett Favre does. He kind of lost me a few years ago by retiring and unretiring and here and there," Tarkenton said on "The Opening Drive" on Sirius NFL Radio.

"I asked a few friends here, maybe 10 or 12 people we were out with last night. I said, 'What do you think about Brett Favre going back to the Vikings?' You know who cared? Nobody. It's good news for you guys. It's good news for television and so forth but the last time I heard ... football was a team sport, isn't it? It's not just about the quarterback."

Tarkenton was later questioned during ESPN's "Outside the Lines" about Favre's right to pursue whatever he needed to pursue to keep on going.

"We have responsibilities we're just not athletes that are in it all for ourself, football, is it not a team game? Isn't it all about team ... and here comes Brett Favre riding in on his white horse, doesn't go to training camp, doesn't come to offseason workouts and he's gonna come on his white horse and bond with all these players."

Favre, who first retired in March 2008, came out of retirement and forced the Green Bay Packers -- with whom he had starred for 16 years -- to trade him to the New York Jets in August when the Packers declined to accept his unretirement.

He played one season for the Jets, then retired again in February.

But rumors started bubbling again in May that Favre wasn't fully committed to retiring. Vikings coach Brad Childress communicated regularly with Favre. And Tarkenton -- a Hall of Famer who spent five seasons with the New York Giants, but is remembered for his 13 seasons with the Vikings -- made clear he was disgusted by the team's flirtation with Favre.

"I think he has been a great flamboyant quarterback, but he has made more stupid plays than any great quarterback that I've ever seen. Look at his final game in a Packers uniform. He blew that game [NFC championship] against the Giants," Tarkenton said in late May on KFAN-1130 in the Twin Cities.

At first, Favre said he would remain retired. Then he wasn't sure. He said he would let the Vikings know by July 30. Then he decided he'd stay retired. Then on Tuesday, he flew to Minnesota and signed a two-year deal worth $25 million.

"I really think the whole Brett Favre saga of retiring, unretiring, three weeks ago [saying] 'I can't play,' the Vikings said, 'We're moving on,' it's a circus," Tarkenton said Wednesday on "The Opening Drive." "It's an absolute circus, and it takes away from all the other things that are going on with the Vikings, with the NFL. We're getting ready for a football season and this is a circus and I just have no interest in it.

"Wouldn't you be upset if you're a Packer fan? I think you're going to have Packer fans burning the No. 4 Favre Green Bay jersey. I think the Packer fans have every right to be outraged."

Packers fans might be upset, but Vikings fans have embraced their new quarterback, as evidenced by the Vikings' ticket sales.

The team has sold sold more than 3,200 season tickets since news broke, and about 11,000 single-game tickets during that time. Seats for the Oct. 5 game against Green Bay are available only through a season ticket. There are roughly 6,000 season tickets remaining.

Last season, the Vikings had to race to beat the blackout deadline for several games.

Merchandise also is moving. Team chief marketing officer Steve LaCroix said several hundred pre-orders for Favre jerseys were placed online Tuesday. The purple No. 4s were scheduled to begin showing up in stores Wednesday.

Tony Dungy, the former Indianapolis Colts coach who retired -- and has stayed retired -- in January, was on "The Waddle and Silvy" show on ESPN 1000 in Chicago, and said Favre has a limited window in which to win over his new teammates.

"I would be very worried about that if I were the Minnesota Vikings and their head coach," Dungy said on "The Waddle and Silvy" show. "He's going to have to let them know he's as committed as they are. And get that across to them. If that happens, it could to be a big boost. If it doesn't happen, if players feel you weren't in this from the beginning ... is he really in this with us? If there were feelings for quarterbacks who were already there ... it's going to be interesting to see how this plays out."

Speculation on Grant, we'll see. But glad to hear your confidence in the third string rb.

More weapons on offense, I wouldnt go there. We obv. have better receivers and a better QB, they depend to much on AP.
And how is this figured? Are you basing your entire idea on the 2008 year/rosters? Sidney Rice should be healthy and coming into the prime year for WRs. Harvin is getting special packages installed. And for depending on AP... how'd Chester Taylor even end up on the field? Wade their leading wr last year probably wont even be on the field except in 3 or 4 wide sets. Your "better" QB is leading the same team with the same "better" weapons he led to an 8-8 record last year.... has he suddenly become that much better? The Vikes won the division with AP and Brad Johnson at QB. THATS IT. The Vikes have only built upon their team and improved it.

Considering the difference between a good D and a great D starts and ends with the D line and the ability to pressure with only 3 or 4 rushing.... barring injuries, the Vikes have more than enough and have proven it 2 years in a row now, going on 3.

Just keep reading the local paper.... the season will be over sooner than you think... then you can wait patiently for your big shot "next year"

marinocollector said:
Speculation on Grant, we'll see. But glad to hear your confidence in the third string rb.

And how is this figured? Are you basing your entire idea on the 2008 year/rosters? Sidney Rice should be healthy and coming into the prime year for WRs. Harvin is getting special packages installed. And for depending on AP... how'd Chester Taylor even end up on the field? Wade their leading wr last year probably wont even be on the field except in 3 or 4 wide sets. Your "better" QB is leading the same team with the same "better" weapons he led to an 8-8 record last year.... has he suddenly become that much better? The Vikes won the division with AP and Brad Johnson at QB. THATS IT. The Vikes have only built upon their team and improved it.

Considering the difference between a good D and a great D starts and ends with the D line and the ability to pressure with only 3 or 4 rushing.... barring injuries, the Vikes have more than enough and have proven it 2 years in a row now, going on 3.

Just keep reading the local paper.... the season will be over sooner than you think... then you can wait patiently for your big shot "next year"

Haha your such a loser, I dont read the paper, Im going for what I think and know.

Your just to ignorant to admit its a 3 team race.

LOSER? IGNORANT? no reason for this here ... lets keep it civil.. or you will earn a vacation....

NO name calling occured ..it was information based on facts and opinions.... NO REASON to make it personal

Get 'em AC.

Fran Tarkenton?? People stopped caring what he thought years ago. I guess he's come back out of hiding for yet another 15 minutes of fame.

So lemme get this straight.

The Viking offensive players are better than what the Packers put out there? Based off what?? Please share what you're drinking or smoking

AP over Grant is the ONLY edge the Vikes have. I'll take what Jennings and Driver have done compared to the nothing that the Viking WR's have done. Harvin is a rookie,and is hyped up,but hasn't proven a thing yet. First time he crosses the middle and gets laid out by a LB,then we'll see how good he is.

Cue the homer alert,and strap those blinders on. You're lost

oh & that Viking D,their secondary is brutal. 18th in the NFL against the pass,and near the bottom in INT's is nothing to be excited about

Back