The New Guy!

Shawn F.

Bench Warmer
I thought I'd introduce myself before posting any threads or cards on this site. First off, my name is Shawn, I am 23 years old and have been collecting baseball cards since before I was born haha (literally). My father used to buy full box sets for my every year and started this just before I was born and I still have them all. I am not a sports fan at all which is odd I know. I watch baseball once in a while but that's it. Not sure why I collect cards but dont watch sports, it's just not my thing I guess. I am mostly into hot rods and custom motorcycles and restoring them is what I do for a living and as a hobby on the side.

Anyways, most of what I have are mid to late 80's and 90's cards which I understand aren't worth much but I have thousands and thousands of them. I recently began collecting again and of course addicted now. Mostly what I am buying are Donruss Elite, Topps Chrome, and Topps 206. I have gotten a few pretty nice pulls from the Donruss Elite and Topps 206's so far and a couple from the Topps Chrome.

The reason I joined this forum is to learn a bit more about collecting and knowing which cards to buy, look for, etc. I would also like to trade and sell most of my newer cards I have. I guess that is about all for me. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to just ask or PM me! This forum seems like a great place with a lot of knowledgeable people and I'm glad I joined! :party3:

I forgot to mention that I also like to collect signature baseballs as well. I have one signed to me by Willie Mays back when I was about 6 years old. I would like to start collecting more of these.

Johnny5, no I do not. I am new to this whole online trading thing so still trying to get familiar with it and read around on what to do and how to do it. I also need to start getting pictures of all my cards I am willing to sell and trade and organize it onto a site or something.

Welcome to Freaks great intro. If you ever have any questions on anything dont hesitate to ask. If I dont know the answer I am sure I can point you in the right direction.

Thanks again for the Welcomes! I do have a quick question if you do not mind... I know Hobby packs are better than retail but with Topps Chrome how do I know if it's a Hobby pack or Retail? I know Target and Wal Mart carry Retail but I bought a few packs at Target and some at a card shop and some from target are chrome colored on the wrapper and some are not and the ones from the card shop are all chrome wrappers. Does the chrome wrapper mean they are hobby or retail? If so then one Target near me has Hobby packs. :party3:
Thanks for any info!

Shawn F. said:
Thanks again for the Welcomes! I do have a quick question if you do not mind... I know Hobby packs are better than retail but with Topps Chrome how do I know if it's a Hobby pack or Retail? I know Target and Wal Mart carry Retail but I bought a few packs at Target and some at a card shop and some from target are chrome colored on the wrapper and some are not and the ones from the card shop are all chrome wrappers. Does the chrome wrapper mean they are hobby or retail? If so then one Target near me has Hobby packs. :party3:
Thanks for any info!

Hey dude welcome to the site and your answer is it will say it on the packs if they are hobby. Also on the outside of the boxes it will say hobby also.

Thanks, I just noticed that now haha. Guess I should have paid more attention to the packs.
I need to start taking some pictures of cards to start selling and trading on here. If anyone is looking for any specific Topps Chrome 2010 cards, let me know. I do not have any signatures yet but have a lot of Orange retractors and such. Same with some Topps 206's.

Welcome to FREAKS !!!

I am interested in the following players from Elite:
Zack Cox
Brett Eibner
Andy Wilkins
Drew Smyly
Tyrell Jenkins
Jordan Swagerty
Seth Blair

Back