The Colts will REPEAT this year

Johan Santana #57 said:
cause the D actually showed up for the playoffs, thats why you guys won.
Yeah and Manning had nothing to do with beating the Bears or Patriots. And if we have that defense the years before who knows how many they would have by now.

Admin said:
Manning is probably, 1 if not the best QB in league history. He would have as many rings as Brady if they had a defense more then 2 years of his career. I don't think the Colts are in any way afraid of the Bolts. The Colts have been extremely undermaned the whole season yet still are considered 1 of the top 2 teams in the league. Most other teams that lose one of their top 2 defensive players as well as their #1 receiver would be lucky to be 8 and 8.

He's far from the best QB in league history. He may have personal records. But records don't make the entire team better, nor do they win you championships.

Montana was better. Bradshaw was better.

Brady is the best of all. And funny enough, I'm not even a Pats fan. I can't stand them. But he truly is the best.

Manning had Harrison, James, Wayne etc Anyone one of them out with injury and Manning struggled mightily.

Who has Brady had before this year? Sure he has Moss now. But all the rings came with who? Which big market players did they surround him with? Not many. And he still found ways to win. And won with being a passing team.

Hard to say that Brady is not the best when the entire league knows he's throwing and they still can't stop him.

Anyway.

i like the patriots style, they play conservative in the first half, they make the other team think they can win, or they have it in the bag.

then, light a lightning storm, they strike! long bombs to welker! long bombs to moss! and before the opposing defense knows it, its over. its an effective style that the patriots have used over and over again. the question is...

WHY THE HELL HAVENT TEAMS PICKED UP ON IT YET?!?!

double team moss THE ENTIRE GAME...
put pressure on Brady THE ENTIRE GAME...
man up on welker with a physical corner or quick linebacker...

the only problem...is there a team with enough depth to play this tough defense the entire game? looks like the only way anyone will beat the pats is if moss or brady goes down. or the pats beat themselves by playing poor defense.

as much as i hate to say it (and i've said before on another thread) the patriots will win, the colts are the only team that have a chance of beating them, but i doubt it.

Admin said:
That plus one of the best defenses in the league will lead to a Colts Victory and a return to the superbowl.

Good one there Joe... Couldn't even beat a team with BILLY VOLEK and Michael Turner! And oh yeah, you had your #1 WR back, and he had a nice fumble!

I cant believe that Clark dropped that last pass, oh well on to the NBA for me as this loss hurt as we shoulda won this one and made to many dumb plays. GL to the final 4 teams.

Admin said:
I am going to step out and say that I think the Colts will win this year and will knock off that Pats on there return to Super Bowl Champs. Manning has been playing great ball, their D is some of the best in the league. They are lead by the most respected and greatest coach in the league and have 2 of the best players in the league (Manning on O and Sanders on D). They will beat New England and make their 16-0 worthless.

That prediction didn't carry much weight, now did it?

Colts were horrible ;)

Back