Basketball stoopid moral victories

keithmcm

Bench Warmer
As a long time Wizards/Bullets fan (since the Earl Monroe days in Baltimore), this years playoffs just make me sad. Without Arenas and Butler, the Wiz are fielding a team against Cleveland that would have won about 20 games this season.
In todays game they came from 17 down at halftime to tie the game a couple of times, lastly I believe at 81. But they only scored about 9 points in the last 9 minutes. The fourth quarter is the wrong time to go stone cold.
The players are doing everything possible to win, they just are outmanned , outgunned, and out reffed (LEBron James mother would call a more even handed game. If Lebron never dribbles again in his NBA career, he'll never get called for travelling, he's too good to need a special set of reffing criteria from David Sten and posse)
But enough complaints, I just want to salute a valiant effort by a team that has no, and I mean zero chance.
Oh yeah, I hope they get mad enough to knock a few Cavs to the floor on Monday. They should double team LeBron with Michael Ruffin and Calvin Booth and have them both foul out in the first quarter . Then maybe Cleveland would give the WWE mickeymouse act a rest.
By the way, is Z dirty or just clumsy/clever ala Dikembe Mutombo?

Cleveland *****...but not as much as a depleted Wizards team.

With Arenas, et al, out....you're right: this team has ZERO chance to advance.

Actually I have the same chance of being named NBA MVP and Miss America this year as they have of advancing. The only good news is that neither Butler nor Arenas should have any significant long term effects and hopefully GM Grunfeld can find someone better than Brendan (Mr Useless) Haywood, and Etan (I'm a poet not a big man) Thomas. At least I can hope their next fight is in the WWE, not any facility of the Wiz.

Back