Football Sources: Vilma given chance to trim suspension

• Thread starter SCF Sports News
  • Start date
S

SCF Sports News

The NFL has offered to reduce New Orleans Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma's year-long suspension to eight games if he drops his civil suit against commissioner Roger Goodell.

More...

Really? reduce the suspension? sounds to me like the NFL isn't sure of it's own evidence and judgement.

This sounds like my wife...punish the boys by taking the X-Box away...then 10 minutes later giving it back because "they have been good all day"...what? 10 minutes IS NOT all day!

or...as ESPN's Mike and Mike was joking about this morning...did the NFL use instant replay? "After further review...the NFL has decided the punishment was unjust." This is going to open up a can of worms!

Vilma WILL NOT take any type of reduction at this point. He feels he is innocent and thinks if he agrees to take any games he's admitting guilt. The NFL is going to be screwed if it goes to court; there was no due process, and once the commish gets deposed he'll have to admit where the findings came from. Bad news for the NFL.

Vilma WILL NOT take any type of reduction at this point. He feels he is innocent and thinks if he agrees to take any games he's admitting guilt. The NFL is going to be screwed if it goes to court; there was no due process, and once the commish gets deposed he'll have to admit where the findings came from. Bad news for the NFL.

I have to agree. Vilma is never one to put it all on the line unless he's sure he can win. He's always been very outspoken with the Saints and dealing with Goodell is no different

Back