Baseball Selling On Ebay?

Shawn F.

Bench Warmer
For those of you selling cards on Ebay, I have a few questions! I am looking to sell off a few hundred cards of mine and thought that I would list then on Ebay to get rid of to put a little money in my pocket... What is the estimated fee's for a basic card in the $2-$10 range? Also how much does it cost to ship one card in a basic Topload card holder 3"X4" (estimated price)?
I have never sold baseball cards online or through Ebay so am not familiar with prices and how to ship, so I'd like to know what to do here so the customers get their cards undamaged.
Thanks a lot for any info and sorry if this question has been asked already. I searched around some on it but couldn't find anything or think of anything else to put in the search box.

Original Sale Price - $2-$10
Fees - $0.24 - $1.20
Personally I ship all cards in toploaders and just put them in a regular envelope and I have never had anything arrive bent.
I charge $2 for shipping.
To ship and regular GU Card like I do costs around $1.50, I use eBay's shipping service which lets you print the label and automatically inserts a tracking number and delivery confirmation viewable by both you and the buyer, but costs you computer ink and paper.
Also, a buy it now listing fee is $0.50 and listing auction style from $0.01 to $0.99 is free. Both also have final value fees.
I really like selling them on eBay because you can normally get rid of the cards within a week or so.

The most important part is that Paypal Charges a MINIMUM 0.30 on every transaction.

Your .99 card sells for .99+2.00 SHIP.

You pay eBay around 10 cents.
You pay Paypal around 35 cents.
You Pay the Post Office around 1.50 to Ship.
Envelope, Paper, Ink, Toploader, and Team Bag cover over 0.50 per transaction. People drastically underestimate the cost of printer ink when they try to calculate shipping fees.

Your 0.99 card means that you get under 0.55 cents.

To be honest, it's barely worth the cost of selling anything that low.

1 card + a toploader in a #000 Bubble Mailer costs $1.75 to ship. You can usually fit 6 toploaders in a #000 and still be under 3 ounces.

Back