Roger Clemens TTM

ac-n-mike

Bench Warmer
I sent Roger Clemens a few cards when i was in 5th grade and I still have not gotten them back LOL...OH YEA, that was in 1986 LOL if I end up getting them some day, I will crap my pants LOL!

Man....:eek:

I remember the first time I ever sent away for autographs. I was about 13 years old and I was REALLY into the Detroit Red Wings.

This was probably around 1995 and I took some of the Red Wings cards that I had (Lidstrom, Fedorov, Lapointe, Konstantinov, Yzerman...) and I requested autographs.

I don't remember how long it took, but I received an envelope with a Red Wings Logo/Return Address. I was really excited, but when I opened the envelope there was a really nice letter typed on some expensive looking cotton stock paper and it said something like "Dear Fan, thank you very much for your interest in the Detroit Red Wings. Due to the amount of fan mail received we suggest that you send a particular item directly to the player in care of the team and maybe you will get a response" (it wasn't exactly like that but pretty much).

They also sent a sticker and my unsigned cards. I was such a big Red Wings fan that my WHOLE wall was like a big mural. Red Wings clippings from newspapers and magazines, cards, posters, pucks, jerseys, pictures....

Good luck on the Clemens, but since it was so long ago I don't know that you will receive anything. Maybe if you sent one to him now you might get a response?

Thanks
Mike

I know what u mean, I sent out some McGwire cards c/o of the A's back when I was in 4th grade. (93-94 area). I used to have pages after pages of just McGwire cards. I still haven't recieved those cards back. If I ever see those cards that would definately be the day.

"BAM"

no, it is sort of funny...Clemens went to my church in Katy, Texas when I was a kid ....I was in 7th or 8th grade and my minister set up for me to go lunch with him. He signed a ton of stuff, but I think the only things I have left are a few 8X10's (one I had, one he broght for me) and a baseball. His brother sent me a RedSox Program that Clemens autographed I think its from around 91 or so....I will have to pull it out..its been a LONG time since I have collected baseball stuff...I will pull the autos out and post them for everyone to see....cause I am sure I got some non-believers out there LOL

Back