Hockey Retired NHL Star Mike Modano Gets Remarried

Leafsfan1967

Bench Warmer
STORY: http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/retired-stars-star-mike-modano-161218819--nhl.html

Retired Stars star Mike Modano remarries
The Associated Press – 10 hours ago

DALLAS (AP) -- Retired Dallas Stars center Mike Modano is on a Caribbean honeymoon after marrying professional golfer Allison Micheletti.

A Stars spokesman says the 43-year-old Modano and the 24-year-old Micheletti got married Sunday at the Hotel Joule in Dallas. The couple is honeymooning on the island of St. Bart's.

This is the second marriage for Modano, whose five-year marriage to actress/model Willa Ford ended a year ago. Micheletti is the daughter of former NHL player Joe Micheletti, who is now an analyst on New York Rangers telecasts.

Modano is the highest-scoring American-born player in NHL history with 561 goals and 1,374 points. He spent 21 years with the Stars in Minnesota and Dallas before retiring after one season with Detroit.

allison-micheletti-mike-modano.jpg

Last edited:
NHL Totals 1499 561 813 1374 926 176 58 88 146 128
Modano was one of the coolest down to earth players that I've ever had a chance to meet........and I've met many.....m......a.....n.....y......He made it seem like and feel like we've known each other for some time...... it was a really cool encounter with a highlight reel star at the time he was in his prime I believe it was the Canada Cup games here in Montreal ,2004.......

Wasn't he the one who was dating or married one of these pop stars a few years back? Was it Willa Ford? Modano seems like a good man, though. I always respected him as a player. He still looks young enough to play hockey.

Back