Rare Jerry Rice / Plus Contest > Check it out!

PaSlickWilly139

Bench Warmer
I thought this maybe fun for you all to try and figure out. I have tried recently and can't seem to find out what this card is.

Let me tell you what I know.

I pulled this out of a Donruss product back in somewhere around 2002- 2006.
On the front of card on Jerry's left thigh the card had a emblem with what looks like * Honor Roll * in it.
Some of these cards were buyback with auto's, but have no clue on this one.

First person to correctly id this card will win something really nice. :dance9:

You will need Year and Product that this card came out of, and enough proof for me ( like beckett or Donruss ), because I can't find anything close.

Hope someone get's this, been driving me nuts for a couple years now.
Good Luck
Slick

rice1.jpg

rice2.jpg

Here's the problem, Beckett only states 2 Jerry Rice cards for the 10th Ann. and neither one is this card. Here is what beckett list.

2002 Playoff Contenders 10th Anniversary #48 Jerry Rice Print Run
2002 Playoff Honors 10th Anniversary #70 Jerry Rice Print Run

This cards is 1 of 5 , maybe you can go into more details for me.

I think your on the right track, just not exact card.

BEARFIELD said:

that card is number 1 out of a 5 card jerry rice set, not 1 of 5 made. and as far as beckett goes, they don't really know everything, and not much of anything.
beckett makes many mistakes and probably doesn't know every 10th anniversery card playoff produced, they can't list every card with a 10th anniversary stamp because they don't know them all. that rice card is from where i said. there is no doubt of it. did they list the ones i showed? see what i mean? bob
in fact, check the card with the gold stamp, see the gold star? those were put on special redemption sets, and beckett didn't mention it. i have a dolphins redemption team set from some year with that same gold star stamp and a set with a silver star stamp. there is tons of stuff beckett just doesn't know. bob

check 94 playoff jerry rice set, 5 cards, bv $60. its one of those. and retail only.

I think your prob. right, I know the Jamal Lewis 2002 Playoff Honor 10th Ann. card I have is # to 10, I am guessing that is why Beckett doesn't list the one's that were never #rd. The cards you have I'm guessing aren't #rd also? If you look though on the Rice, it is the 1994 Playoff Collection, which I'm sure were a redemption set that had about 10 or so cards in it. Which would also make me believe your right about what your saying.

Thanks for all the help, I kind of figured it was one from the 10th Ann. set but just couldn't find it listed anywhere and was trying to get a for sure thing..lol

If you let me know who or what you collect, or take a look through my bucket, I'll send you out something for all your help.

Just pm me your addy, Thanks Again ! :jumpers:

naw, i can't take anything for helping out another pa boy. i was born in punxsy, with the ground hog.
i did see that you have a very very nice marino collection, but it looks like you are lacking a RC. check out this page.

rbearfield/PERSONAL COLLECTION NFT/MARINO MONTANA - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

i could part with one of my rookies, and probably some marino stuff i have doubles of, which is a fair amount. i sort of like the poker autos, if they are for trade, and i did see a few autos on your football auto page i can use.

lmk if interested. bob

Back