question about refunding paypal payments

scrappy

Bench Warmer
just finished running some auctions for my brothers friend and 2 people paid me from unconfirmed addresses. granted they aren't alot but i stipulate in the auction in 2 places that i don't acccept unconfirmed paypal addresses and won't accept them if they are overseas.

one winner from florida and one from france, and he paid the wrong shipping anyways.

when you refund the payment, can you put a reason why you are refunding or do i have to email them through ebay messaging?

wow this french guy has balls the size of watermelons.

I clearly state in my auctions that shipping over seas is $7.00 for global priority and i won't budge on that. i send all of my over seas shipping that way because i have a way to track it. so normally i take it in the shorts for sending stuff but i am ok with it as long as i can track and have proof that i sent.

he sends over $5 for shipping to an unconfirmed address and says that should be enough because he buys from US sellers a lot and he thinks that $7 is too much.

so i refund his paypal payment and told him that shipping was wrong and he also had an unconfirmed addy and i wouldn't send to an unconfirmed addy thru paypal.

i mean have you guys ever tried to negotiate shipping with a seller AFTER you won the auction? i mean if you have an issue about combining shipping or whatever, don't you usually go through that before you win the auction? not after you won the auction and just pay what you feel is right

wow this french guy has balls the size of watermelons.

I clearly state in my auctions that shipping over seas is $7.00 for global priority and i won't budge on that. i send all of my over seas shipping that way because i have a way to track it. so normally i take it in the shorts for sending stuff but i am ok with it as long as i can track and have proof that i sent.

he sends over $5 for shipping to an unconfirmed address and says that should be enough because he buys from US sellers a lot and he thinks that $7 is too much.

so i refund his paypal payment and told him that shipping was wrong and he also had an unconfirmed addy and i wouldn't send to an unconfirmed addy thru paypal.

i mean have you guys ever tried to negotiate shipping with a seller AFTER you won the auction? i mean if you have an issue about combining shipping or whatever, don't you usually go through that before you win the auction? not after you won the auction and just pay what you feel is right

:shifty:

Once. It didn't work out for me. Had to pay $24 for 22 cards.

People do it a lot sadly.... at this point they figure they can negotiate or leave you a negative. Its one of the flaws in Ebays feeback system unfortunately

At least I didn't do that. He got 1 star for shipping charges but it arrived safe and in a timely fashion. I've only given one negative feedback in my life (although I left a neutral once which led to my first and only negative ever.

i can understand wanting to combine shipping on stuff, which i gladly do, but do you think that shipping from alaska to france going global priority will be less than $5??? i mean, i eat shipping costs to all overseas places just to make sure they get there but if i charge what it really costs me, people will be pissed.

i just sent a card to a canadian buyer the other day, cost me 11 to get it there going global priority and that's right next door. although not sure where monteal is or if the guy spelled it wrong

Back